1. At the party the foreign teacher was r__________ to sing some songs.
2. He is a s__________ person. Once he has made up his mind, he will not change.
3. Though we have learned English for two years, we can’t communicate with native speakers p__________.
4. The goods will be t_______ to Hong Kong by ship.
5. I advised him not to join them. F________ he accepted my advice.
6. Being a fan of Liu Dehua, she buys every music r_______ that is produced by him.
7. What’s your a_______ to wearing jewelry to school.
8. At last we were persuaded to _____________ (骑自行车)around China.
9. Writing travel j_________ makes you think more and enjoy more.
10. I am so _________ (熟悉) with him that I recognized his voice the moment I picked up the telephone.
record determine treat altitude change one’s mind
be familiar to give in dream bring up so far
1. Once she is determined to do something, it is impossible to get her to____________.
2. Nowadays, many young children would like to bargain with their parents when asking for money. Unfortunately their parents seldom ___________.
3. They insisted they ________ equally.
4. Pop songs _____usually __________ teenagers.
5. He was born in Shandong Province and _______ there.
6. She gave me a ___________ look, which suggested that she would never make any changes.
7. She often _______ that she would become a famous singer one day.
8. They have been to seven European countries ___________.
9. After it leaves the high _________, the river becomes wide and runs into the sea.
10. He won another gold medal as he set a new ___________ in the 100m dash.
1. --- What’s that terrible noise?
--- The neighbours ____for a party.
A. have prepared B. prepare C. are preparing D. will prepare
2. Last Friday when we were talking, I suddenly had ____ idea to go on ____ hike in the valley. A. an, a B. the , a C. an, the D. the, the
3. He insisted that we ____ there for the night.
A. stayed B. had stayed C. stay D. would stay
4. The road ____ be very crowded in the rush hour.
A. shall B. need C. must D. should
5. Once we _____, we should work hard until we succeed.
A. make up our mind B. make our mind
C. make up our minds D. make our minds
6. After the fighting, the enemy ____.
A. gave up B. gave out C. gave off D. gave in
7. The Great Wall winds its way ____high mountains, ___ deep valleys and ___ great deserts.
A. on, across, through B. over, through, through
C. over, through, across D. on, in, across
8. Because of the _____, we can’t go high up to the mountains without the oxygen tanks.
A. smelly gas B. cold weather C. high altitude D. frozen water
9. Do what you think right; Never ______ what others say.
A. care for B. care of C. take care of D. care about
10. The twin looks _____ each other. It’s difficult to tell ____.
A. similar to, which is which B. same as, who is who
C. similar to, who is who D. the same to, which is which
11. Tom, who eats ____ little food, is ____ strong ____ he can lift the heavy box.
A. so, so…as B. such, so… as C. so, so … that D. such, so … that
12. A modern city has been set up in ______ was a wasteland a few years ago.
A. which B. what C. that D. where
13. When the children were told that they could go to the USA with their father, they could _______ to tell their best friends.
A. not call B. never wait C. hardly call D. hardly wait
14. What he said just now got all of us _______.
A. disappoint B. to disappoint C. disappointed D. disappointing
15. —Kayla, we are taking a boat trip to Hawaii tomorrow. Would you like to go with us?
—That sounds exciting. I’d like to, but I can not. _______.
A. Have a nice trip B.I envy you C. Very sorry D. Good bye
16. China is a great country. For one thing, she has a long history with much knowledge; _______, she is developing rapidly in her own way.
A. second B. the second C. for another D. for other thing
17. Was it in 2002 __________ he was still at middle school __________ the boy became expert at computer?
A. that; where B. when; where C. that; when D. when; that
18. ---Are you still busy?
--- Yes, I_________ my work, and it won’t take long.
A. just finish B. am just finishing
C. have just finished D. am just going to finish
1. a. I insisted on his not giving up that job.
b. I insisted that he _______ ______ up that job.
2. a. Since middle school, we’ve had a dream that one day we will take a great bike trip.
b. Since middle school, we’ve _______ _________ taking a great bike trip one day.
3. a. They often help us with the housework.
b. It ______ they ______ often help us with the housework.
4. a. To our surprise, we learned that half of the Mekong River is in China.
b. We ______ __________ to learn that half of the Mekong River is in China.
5. a. The Italian football team played well enough to enter the final in the last World Cup.
b. The Italian football team played ___ well ___ it entered the final in the last World Cup.