Concern n. 关心,关系, 关切的事,忧虑 v. 涉及,与...有关,影响;使关心
1. How much money I earn is none of your concern. 我挣多少钱与你无关。
2. These problems concern all of us. 这些问题影响到我们每一个人。
3. This restaurant is a family concern. 这家饭店是由一家人经营的。
be concerned about vt. 关心(挂念)
1. It is reassuring to be enquired after when you're ill. It shows your friends haven't stopped being concerned about you.
2. The government's claim to be concerned about unemployment is sheer hypocrisy.
Cheat n. 骗子,欺骗行为 v. 欺骗,作弊
1. His father was cheated of his land. 他的父亲被人骗走了地产。
2. He never cheats to pass examination. 他考试从不作弊。
3. He was cheated (out) of his rightful inheritance. 他依法应得的遗产被人骗走了.
Reason n. 理由,原因,理智,理性 v. 说服,推论,下判断
1. She can reason very clearly. 她能很清晰地思考。
2. Copernicus reasoned that the earth revolved around the sun. 哥白尼论证了地球绕着太阳转。
3. We have reason to believe that he was murdered. 我们有理由相信他是被谋杀的。
list n. 目录,名单,明细表 v. 列出,列于表上,记入名单内
1. He wrote down his name on the list. 他将他的名字写在清单上。
2. He listed all the things he had to do. 他把自己必须做的事列成表。
Share n. 部份,股份,分担 v. 共享,共有,分配
1. If you want a share of the pay, you'll have to do your fair share of the work.
2. She's got all her money in stocks and shares. 她所有的钱都投放到股票里去了。
3. Children should be taught to share their toys. 应该教育孩子们分享玩具。
go through a. 通过
1. I've gone through the elbows of my sweater. 我的毛衣的肘部都磨破了。
2. He's amazingly cheerful considering all that he's been through. 鉴于他经历过的种种遭遇，他的乐天达观令人惊叹。
3. She decided not to go through with (ie not to have) the abortion. 她决定不做流产.
hide away 包庇 藏起...
They had been hid away for a long time. 它们被隐藏了很久。
set down 1太阳落山 2. 申斥(搭乘,触地)飞机着陆 3. 写下来
1. The bus stopped to set down an old lady. 公共汽车停下来让一个老太太下车。
2. I'll set you down on the corner of your street. 我在你说的那条街的拐角处停下来让你下车。
3. Why don't you set your ideas down on paper? 你怎么不把你的想法写在纸上呢?
a series of 一系列,一连串
1. The theory is based on a series of wrong assumptions. 这一理论是以一系列错误的设想为依据的。
on purpose 故意,有意
1. He knocked the old man down on purpose. 他故意把那个老人撞倒。
in order to 为了
1. In order to earn enough money, he worked late into the night. 为了赚到足够的钱, 他工作到深夜。
Dare n. 挑战,挑动 v. 敢,胆敢
1. How dare you say such a thing? 你怎敢说出这样的话?
2. I dare say you are right. 我认为你是对的。
1. My little dog always hides under the bed when it thunders. 我的小狗一听到打雷就藏到床底下。
2. We could hear the thunder of distant guns. 我们可以听到远处炮声隆隆。
3. "Get out!" he thundered. “滚出去!”他大声吼到。
face to face
1. His ambition was to meet his favourite pop star face to face.
2. The burglar turned the corner and found himself face to face with a policeman.