17. The old in the country _______ taken good care of.
A. have B. has C. is D. are
18. Not a single mistake _______ in the test.
A. he made B. did he make C. he has made D. made he
19. ______ my surprise, I got a high grade in this test.
A. For B. To C. To be D. On
20. She never agree _______ you, did she?
A. to B. with C. in D. at
21. Would you mind _______ a photo of you?
A. me take B. to take C. my taking D. me to take
22. The lady treats the boy well as if he ______ her own son.
A. is B. was C. were D. would be
23. _______ round the city, we were impressed by the city’s new look.
A. Taken B. Taking C. To be taken D. Being taken
24. He had a pain _______ his back.
A. on B. with C. in D. onto
25. The city _______ I was born is on the new railway line.
A. which B. that C. on which D. where
26. I had _______ that I would always remember it.
A. so a good experience B. such a good experience
C. so good an experience D. such good an experience
27. ______ give us help is welcome.
A. Who ever B. Whoever C. No matter who D. Those who
28. After running for nearly half an hour, I was ________.
A. out of place B. out of control C. out of breath D. out of practice
29. The mother told the little boy to do all the things _______.
A. on himself B. on his own C. to himself D. by own
30. You had better _______ a jacket, because it is cold outside.
A. take on B. to take on C. put on D. to put on
31. If you will do that, please take me into ________.
A. think B. thinking C. thought D. account
32. My pen has _______ ink.
A. run out of B. a few C. run away D. no little
33. There are, of course, bad teachers as well as ________.
A. good one B. some good C. good ones D. those good
34. “______ haste, the less speed” is good advice he often gives us.
A. More B. The more C. The morer D. Morer
35. You do look _______. You are not at all like a person who has been ill in bed for years.
A. good B. well C. sad D. disappointed
36. Some people like to eat apples. But some prefer bananas _______ apples.
A. to B. for C. with D. against