（译林牛津版）素材（含教案和练习） Unit 2 Growing pains
Unit 2 Growing Pains （II）
二. 教学目标：掌握Unit 2语法定语从句
1. The book is mine. He is reading the book.
The book (which/that) he is reading is mine.
2. I like the girl. The girl is wearing a red skirt.
I like the girl who is wearing a red skirt.
3. She is the student. We saw her yesterday.
She is the student (who/whom/that) we saw yesterday.
4. The athlete is a famous runner. You talked to him.
The athlete who you talked to is a famous runner.
5. I have lost the book. He gave me it yesterday.
I have lost the book (which/that) he gave me yesterday.
6. I have seen the film. You talked it about last night.
I have seen the film (which/that) you talked about last night.
7. I threw the chair. Its legs are broken.
I threw the chair whose legs are broken.
1. This is the teacher. We’ve learned a lot from her.
This is the teacher (whom/who/that) we’ve learned a lot from.
This is the teacher from whom we’ve learned a lot.
2. The policeman is a friend of mine. Mr Henry is talking with him in the office.
The policeman (who/that/whom) Mr Henry is talking with in the office is a friend of mine.
The policeman with whom Mr Henry is talking in the office is a friend of mine.
3. The ladder began to slip. I was standing on the ladder.
The ladder (which/that) I was standing on began to slip.
The ladder on which I was standing began to slip.
4. Great changes are taking place in the city. They live in the city.
Great changes are taking place in the city (which/that) they live in.
Great changes are taking place in the city in which they live.
5. This is the library. I borrowed Harry Potter from this library.
This is the library (which/that) I borrowed Harry Potter from.
This is the library from which I borrowed Harry Potter.
（3）当关系代词作look after, look for, take care of等不能拆开使用的短语动词的宾语时，介词不能提前。
This is the question about which we’ve had so much discussion.
The man to whom I spoke is a teacher.
e.g. The city ________ which I live is a beautiful one.
e.g. You’d better not bring your child to see the animals ______ which he is afraid.
e.g. 1949 was the year_________ which the P.R.C. was founded.
KEY: in, of, in
1. The sun gives us heat and light, ________ we can’t live.
答案：without which We can’t live without the heat and the light. 意为我们离开了光和热就不能生存。指物用which
2. The student ________ we were talking just now is the best student in our class.
答案：about whom talk about sb谈论某人，指人用whom
3. I’ll never forget the day _____ she said goodbye to me.
答案：on which She said goodbye to me on the day. 指物用which
4. Who can give me the reason ______ he hasn’t turned up yet?
答案：for which reason固定与介词for搭配。指物用which
5. Is that the newspaper __________you often write articles?
答案：for which write articles for the newspaper意为为报刊写文章。指物用which
6. Can you explain to me how to use these idioms______________ I’m not sure.
答案：about which I’m not sure about the idioms. 意为不确定的习语。指物用which
（三）关系副词when, where, why的用法
1. Great changes are taking place in the city in which they live.
Great changes are taking place in the city where they live.
2. 1949 was the year in which the P.R.C. was founded.
1949 was the year when the P.R.C. was founded.
3. Who can give me the reason for which he hasn’t turned up yet?
Who can give me the reason why he hasn’t turned up yet?
1. when在定语从句中作时间状语，相当于“介词+ 关系代词（which）”。
I’ll never forget the day when I joined the league.= I’ll never forget the day on which I joined the league.2. where在定语从句中作地点状语，相当于“介词+ 关系代词（which）”。
This is the house where I lived two years ago.
= This is the house in which I lived two years ago.3. why在定语从句中作原因状语，相当于“介词for+ 关系代词（which）”。
Do you know the reason why she was late?= Do you know the reason for which she was late.
Do you still remember the day when (on which) we went to visit the museum together?
This is the factory where (in which) my father once worked.
This is the reason why (for which) he was angry.
关系代词 Who 人 主/宾
Whom 人 宾
Which 物 主/宾
That 人或物 主/宾/表
关系副词 Whose 人或物 定语
1、The continent _____ I visited last year was not the one ____ I once worked.
A. which; where B. which; which
C. where; which D. where; where
答案：A这里有两个定语从句，第一个是_______ I visited last year，先行词为continent,这里缺少关系词，关系词在从句中做宾语，所以用which；第二个定语从句是_______ I once worked，这里的关系词在从句中做状语而不是宾语，因为我们不能说I worked the one(the continent)，所以用where。所以选A。
1. This is the house _________ I was born on a rainy evening.
2. The table _________ we often have lunch is being painted.
3. Is the girl your friend __________ you shook hands just now?
4. The accident __________ the paper wrote is really a serious one.
5. The young should never forget the day ________ the Communist Party of China was founded.
6. The pen _________ I wrote the letter just now is gone.
7. There is a very big tree in the village _________ the villagers often have meetings in summer.
8. I don't like the way ___________ she cook the fish.
9. I can't find the gold ring __________ I spent 100 dollars.
10. The traffic police stopped you because the speed _________ you were driving was too fast.
11. This is the woman. I learned the news from her several hours ago.
12. This is the problem. We argued a lot about it at the last meeting.
13. Here is the boy. Everyone in the school is talking about him.
14. Mr Smith is a professor. I learned a lot from him four years ago.
15. Kitty is a little girl. I bought some flowers from her yesterday.
16. He wants to return to the college _____ he studied chemistry when he was young.
17. The children today are lucky as they are living in a time _____ our country is developing fast.
18. My grandfather was born in the year _____ the Second World War broke out.
19. Do you know any shops nearby _____ I can buy flowers?
20. His mother was ill. Maybe that was the reason _____ he was late this morning.
21. Uncle Tom could never forget the day _____ the little girl died.
22. Blues first appeared in the countries _____ there were a lot Black people.
23. The story happened in 1980 _____ China was just open to the outside world.
24. He often thinks of the small village _____ he grew up and had lots of sweet memories.
A fat man and a skinny man were arguing about who was more polite.
The skinny man said he was more polite because he always tipped his hat to ladies. But the fat man said he was the more courteous because whenever he got up and offered his seat, two ladies could sit down.
I. 1. in which 2. on which 3. with whom 4. about which 5. on which
6. with which 7. under which 8. in which 9. on which 10. at which
II. 11. This is the woman from whom I learned the news several hours ago.
12. This is the problem about which we argued a lot at the last meeting.
13. Here is the boy about whom everyone in the school is talking.
14. Mr Smith is a professor from whom I learned a lot four years ago.
15. Kitty is a little girl from whom I bought some flowers yesterday.
III. 16. where 17. when 18. when
19. where 20. why 21. when
22. where 23. when 24. where