(1) Never in my wildest dreams _________ these people are living in such poor conditions. (安徽卷)
A. I could imagine B. could I imagine
C. I couldn’t imagine D. couldn’t I imagine
(2) Never before _________ in greater need of modern public transport than it is today. (上海卷)
A. has this city been B. this city has been
C. was this city D. this city was
(1) Little _________ that we were watching his every move, so he seemed to be going his own way in this business. (安徽卷)
A. he realized B. he didn’t realize
C. didn’t he realize D. did he realize
(2) They have a good knowledge of English but little _________ they know about German (天津卷)
A. have B. did C. had D. do
(1) Seldom _________ any apology when mistakes are made.
A. we receive B. do we receive
C. we received D. did we receive
(2) Seldom _________ an article that was so full of lies.
A. have I read B. I have read C. had I read D. I had read.
4. 考查hardly / scarcely置于句首时的倒装
当否定副词hardly, scarcely等置于句首时，其后习惯上要用倒装语序(与一般疑问句形式相同) 。如：(答案为A)
Hardly _________ Edinburgh than they were ordered to return to London.
A. had they reached B. they had reached
C. have the reached D. they have reached
5. 考查no sooner等置于句首时的倒装
当no sooner, no longer等结构置于句首时，其后习惯上要用倒装语序(与一般疑问句形式相同) 。如：(答案分别为AC)
(1) —Did Linda see the traffic accident?
—No, no sooner _________ than it happened. (天津卷)
A. had she gone B. she had gone
C. has she gone D. she has gone
(2) No sooner _________ mowing the lawn than it started raining.
A. have I started B. I have started
C. had I started D. I had started
Maybe you have been to many countries, but nowhere else _________such a beautiful place. (辽宁卷)
A. can you find B. you could find
C. you can find D. could you find
7. 考查by no means等置于句首时的倒装
当表示否定意义的副词性短语by no mearns, on no accounts, in no case, at no time等置于 句首时，其后习惯上要用倒装语序(与一般疑问句形式相同)。如：(答案为D)
I’ve tried very hard to improve my English. But by no means _________ with my progress. (重庆卷)
A. the teacher is not satisfied B. is the teacher not satisfied
C. the teacher is satisfied D. is the teacher satisfied
8. 考查not only置于句首时的倒装
当not only…but also句式的not only部分置于句首时，其后习惯上要用倒装语序(与一 般疑问句形式相同)。如：(答案为B)
_________ snacks and drinks but they also brought cards for entertainment when they had a picnic in the forest. (上海)
A. Not only they brought B. Not only did they bring
C. Not only brought they D. Not only they did bring
9. 考查not until置于句首时的倒装
当not…until句式转换成not until且置于句首时，其后的主句部分习惯上要用倒装语序( 与一般疑问句形式相同)。如：(答案为B)
Not until I began to work _________ how much time I had wasted.
A. didn't I realize B. did I realize
C. I didn't realize D. I realized
(1) Only then _________ how much damage had been caused. (陕西卷)
A. she realized B. she had realized
C. had she realized D. did she realize
(2) _________ by keeping down costs will Power Data hold its advantage over other companies. (浙江卷)
A. Only B. Just C. Still D. Yet
(1) _________ that Maric was able to set up new branches elsewhere. (陕西卷)
A. So successful her business was B. So successful was her business
C. So her business was successful D. So was her successful business
(2) So difficult _________ it to work out the problem that I decided to ask Tom for advice. (广东卷)
A. I did find B. did I find C. I have found D. have I found
12. 考查类似“so do I”结构的倒装
So do I这类结构表示的是前面提出的某一肯定的情况，后者也同样适用，通常可译为 “……也一样”“……也是如此”。如：(答案为CA)
(1) — My room gets very cold at night.
— _________. (江苏卷)
A. So is mine B. So mine is C. So does mine D. So mine does
(2) —It’s burning hot today, isn’t it?
—Yes. _________ yesterday. (福建卷)
A. So was it B. So it was C. So it is D. So is it
13. 考查类似“nor / neither do I”结构的倒装
nor [neither] do I这类结构表示的是前面提出的某一否定的情况，后者也同样适用，通常可译 为“……也一样”“……也是如此”。如：(答案为B)
If Joe’s wife won’t go to the party, _________. (全国II)
A. he will either B. neither will he
C. he neither will D. either he will