I . Listening Comprehension (略)
Ⅱ. Grammar and Vocabulary
Direction:Beneath each of the following sentences there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence.
25. Lending him money would be equivalent, in my opinion, _______ throwing it away.
A. by B. from C. on D. to
26. Many of the pianos made by Steinway & Sons Company in Germany, especially ______ made during its “golden period”, are valued at several at million dollars.
A. that B. those C. one D. One
27. Now that they both had their cut, the twins looked ______ alike than usual.
A. much B. rather C. even more D. quite more
28. Mr. Wang’s phone hasn’t stopped ringing since he won the lottery (彩票).People _______ to ask how he is going to spend the money.
A. phone B. phoned C. will phone D. are phoning
29. ---Excuse me, sir. Where is Room 316?
--- Just a minute. I will geta receptionist _______ you to your room.
A. show B. shown C. showing D. to show
30. The company is facing a potential serious crisis though its profits ______ increase this year.
A. may B.shall C. should D. need
31. Born in a wealthy family, the boy took everything in his life for granted ______ for the first time he saw how poor farmers struggled to survive the hard life.
A. until B. that C. when D. while
32. In the old days, students were expected to memorize information and then feed back what ______ to them.
A. provided B. was being provided C. was to provide D. had been provided