第三课: 外出旅行
ADVENTURE TRAVEL
探险旅行
Why do people travel?
人们为什么旅行?
Well, many people travel because they want to see other countries and visit places that are famous, interesting or beautiful.
很多人旅行,是因为他们想去看看别的国家,参观一些著名的、有趣的、美丽的地方。
People also travel to meet new friends, to try new kinds of food,
还有些人旅行是为了拜访朋友,品尝新的事物,
to experience life in other parts of the world or simply to get away from cold weather.
体验一下世界上其他地方的生活,或者只是为了离开寒冷天气。
Yet there are other reasons why people travel.
然而人们旅行还有一些其他的原因。
Many of today’s travellers are looking for an unusual experience
今天许多旅行者想获得一种非同寻常的体验,
and adventure travel is becoming more and more popular.
探险旅行现在越来越受欢迎。
Here is a quick look at two popular activities: hiking and rafting.
我们来快速浏览一下两种流行的探险活动:徒步旅行和划木筏。
HIKING
徒步旅行
Instead of spending your vacation on a bus, in a hotel or sitting on the beach, you may want to try hiking.
你有可能去徒步旅行而不在公共汽车上、旅馆里或坐在海边沙滩上。
Hiking is a great way to travel.
徒步旅行是一种很好的旅行方式。
You will get close to nature and take exercise at the same time.
你能接触自然,与此同时还能锻炼身体。
Hiking is easy to do and doesn’t have to be very expensive.
徒步旅行简单易行,费用也不高。
You can hike close to home or travel to other places.
你可以在家附近也可以到其他地方。
The basic equipment you need for hiking is simple: good shoes, clothes, and a backpack.
徒步旅行所需要的基本设备很简单:结实的鞋、衣服和背包。
You can hike in the mountains, in a forest or along ariver.
你可以到山里,森林或沿河边旅行。
You can also go for a hike in the city.
你还可以到城市旅行。
Hiking is fun and exciting, but you shouldn’t forget safety.
虽然徒步旅行既有趣又令人兴奋,但你不能忘记安全。
Here are some basic tips for successful hiking:
这儿有几条成功徒步旅行的建议:
·Don’t hike alone.
不要单独去徒步旅行。
·Tell someone where you are going.
告诉别人你去哪里。
·Bring Water and a good map.
带上水和一份好的地图。
·Watch out for dangers, such as spiders, snakes, or poisonous plants.
当心危险,例如蜘蛛、蛇或有毒的植物。
·Wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
戴上太阳帽以遮挡阳光。
·Bring a cellphone if you have one.
如果你有手机就带上它。
RAFTING
划木筏
Another exciting adventure is rafting.
另一种令人兴奋的旅行是划木筏。
A raft is a small boat that you canuse to paddle down rivers and streams.
木筏就是你通过划桨来渡过河流和小溪的小船。
Rafting is a good way to experience nature.
划木筏是体验大自然的一种很好的方式。
If you want a normal rafting trip, choose a quiet stream or river that is wide and has few fallen trees or rocks.
如果你想要做一种普通的木筏旅行,可以选择没有倒下的树木和岩石的宽阔平静的河流或小溪。
If you are looking for more excitement, you may want to try whitewater rafting.
如果你想寻找更大的刺激,你可以尝试一下白浪木筏。
Whitewater rafting is more adventurous and difficult than normal rafting.
白浪木筏比普通木筏更冒险,更困难。
It is done on rivers and streams where the water moves quickly.
它是在水急湍流的河流和小溪中冒险。
You have to be careful not to hit rocks, trees and other dangers.
你必须小心, 以免碰到岩石、树木以及其他的危险。
The name “whitewater” comes from the fact that the water in these streams and rivers looks white when it moves quickly.
白浪木筏时,河流和小溪中的水因为快速地流动会变成白色的浪花,“白浪”一词因而得名。
As with hiking, you should always think about your safety and wear good clothes.
正如徒步旅行,你应该考虑自身的安全,穿上结实的衣服。
You also need to learn the basic skills of rafting,
你还需要学习划木筏的一些基本技能,
such as how to handle the raft, how to paddle and how to get in and out of the raft.
例如怎样划木筏,怎样荡浆,怎样上下木筏。
You should not go rafting unless you know how to swim, and you should always wear a life jacket.
如果你不知道怎样游泳,不穿救生衣你就不应该去划木筏。
LANGUAGE STUDY
Grammar
Jane and Betty are going on separate holidays in a few days’ time.
简和贝蒂几天后要各自出去旅行。
JANE:Hello, Betty. When are you off to Guangzhou?
简:嗨!贝蒂。你什么时候去广州?
BETTY:Next Thursday evening.
贝蒂:下星期四晚上。
JANE:How are you getting to the airport? Is anybody seeing you off ?
简:你怎样去机场?有人送你吗?
BETTY:Yes, my brother Bob is going with me to the airport.
贝蒂:我弟弟鲍勃和我一起去机场。
My plane leaves at seven, so I think we’ll take a taxi. Are you going anywhere for the holidays?
飞机七点起飞。所以我想我们可以打的去。你也外出度假吗?
JANE:Yes, I’m going to Xi’an with my parents on Friday.
简:是的,我和父母星期五去西安。
BETTY:How are you getting there? By train?
贝蒂:你们怎么去?坐火车吗?
JANE:No, by air. Well, I must be off. See you when I get back. Have a nice time in Guangzhou. And say “Hi” to Bob for me.
简:不,坐飞机。我必须走了。回来再见。祝你在广州玩得愉快。代我向鲍勃问好。
BETTY:Of course. Have a good trip.
贝蒂:当然。旅途愉快。
JANE:Thanks. The same to you. Bye.
简:谢谢。也祝你旅途愉快。再见。
INTEGRATING SKILLS
Reading and talking
Eco travel is a form of travel that combines normal tourism with learning.
生态旅行是一种把普通旅行和学习结合在一起的旅行形式。
Instead of simply traveling for pleasure, you can use your trip as a way to protect the environment.
你可以把你的旅行作为一种保护环境的一种形式而不只是为了享受。
Normal tourism is often bad for the environment, and tourists often cause problems.
一般的旅行往往对环境有负面影响,旅行者常引起一些问题。
Eco travel, on the other hand, is a way to travel responsibly.
从另一方面说,生态旅行是一种可以信赖的旅行方式。
Ecotourists want to learn about the world so that they can make it better, or at least understand it better.
生态旅行者想要了解这个世界,以便把它变的更好,至少他们可以了解它。
Eco travel is a way to find out what can be done to help animals and plants as well as people.
生态旅行是一种可以找到办法去帮助动物,植物和人类的方式。
Read about the following Eco travel destinations and complete the tasks below.
读下面的生态旅行目的地,完成下列任务。
...