1. Mr. Brown works in ____ middle school. It is ____ school built in the 16th century.
A. a；a B. a；the C. the；a D. the；the
2. ______ in the 1800s in the United States, the film became a success when it came out.
A. To set B. Setting C. Being set D. Set
3. — Where did you get to know her?
— On the farm ______ we both once worked in the 1970s.
A. when B. which C. where D. that
4._____ you are aware of the trick used in advertisements, you won’t be eager to buy it.
A. Whether B. Until C. Though D. Once
5. More and more people are learning to surf the Internet, ______ advantage of the convenience and efficiency benefits.
A. taking B. taken C. having taken D. having been taken
6. —I am crazy about English now.
— But I still remember how you _____ it.
A. hate B. have hated C. hated D. had hated
7. His speech is so confusing that it's difficult to make out ______ he is trying to express.
A. that B. how C. who D. what
8. —A second, please. I have another call coming through.
—______. I’m not in a hurry.
A. Enjoy yourself B. Leave me alone C. Do as you like D. Take your time
9. Would you please keep silent? The news that the milk contains a harmful chemical ______ and I want to listen.
A. has been broadcast B. is broadcast C. is being broadcast D. is broadcasting
10.—There is still a copy of the book in the library. Will you go and borrow______?
— No, I'd rather buy ______ in the bookstore.
A. it; it B. one; one C. one; it D. it; one