第二部分 英语知识运用 (共两节，满分45分)
第一节 单项填空 (共15小题；每小题1分，满分15分)
21. [2013·新课标全国卷Ⅱ] Four and ________ half hours of discussion took us up to midnight，and ________ break for cheese，chocolate and tea with sugar.
A．a; a B. the; the
C．/; the D．a; /
22. It's not easy to change habits, ________ with awareness and self－control, it is possible.
23. （基础题）Seldom ________ as lonely as now though I have been living in Fuzhou for more than 20 years.
A．have I felt B．I had felt
C．I have felt D．had I felt
24. [2013·濮阳期末]________ too much for his intelligence, Harry often overlooks the importance of effort.
A. Having praised B．Praised
C．Praising D．Being praised
25. [2013·保定期末调研]We're living in ________ people call “Information Age”， so everything is possible.
A. what B．that
26. （基础题）Food safety is ________important, so the government spares no efforts to prevent food pollution.
27．[2013·温州八校联考]How long will it be ________ the computer company puts forward a new product?
A. before B．when
28．（基础题）I was totally shocked that that child ________ have said such a thing to his parents.
29．[2013·浙江卷] The museum will open in the spring with an exhibition and a viewing platform ________ visitors can watch the big glasshouses being built.
A. what B. where
C. when D. why
30．（基础题）For me traveling to Antarctica proved to be the beginning of a new life, ________ I had thought I would never see.
31. [2013·山东卷] It's good to know ________ the dogs will be well cared for while we're away.
A. what B. whose
C. which D. that
32. [2013·衡水中学二次模拟]More and more rich people have promised to ________ their wealth after death to help the poor and the disabled.
A. give away B．give up
C．give out D．give in
33. [2013·湖南卷] —Have you heard about the recent election?
—Sure, it ________ the only thing on the news for the last three days.
A. would be B. is
C. has been D. will be
34. [2013·天津卷] It was not until near the end of the letter ________ she mentioned her own plan.
A. that B. where
35．[2013·衡水中学二模]—Do you think I should accept his invitation, Jim?
—________If I were you, I certainly would.
A. None of your business.
D．I don't think so.
阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项A、B、 C和D中， 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
I used to believe in the American Dream，which meant a job，a mortgage(按揭)，credit cards, success. I wanted it and worked toward it like everyone else, all of us __36__ chasing the same thing.
One year, through a series of unhappy events, it all fell __37__．I found myself homeless and alone. I had my truck and$56.I __38__ the countryside for some place I could rent for the __39__ possible amount. I came upon a shabby house four miles up a winding mountain road __40__ the Potomac River in West Virginia. It was __41__， full of broken glass and rubbish. I found the owner, rented it，and __42__ a corner to camp in.
The locals knew nothing about me，__43__ slowly, they started teaching me the __44__ of being a neighbor. They dropped off blankets，candles，and tools，and began __45__ around to chat. They started to teach me a belief in a __46__ American Dream—not the one of individual achievement but of __47__.
What I had believed in, all those things I thought were __48__ for a civilized life, were nonexistent in this place.__49__ on the mountain, my most valuable possessions were my __50__ with my neighbors.
Four years later, I moved back into __51__．I saw many people were having a really hard time, __52__ their jobs and homes. I managed to rent a big enough house to __53__ a handful of people. There are four of us now in the house，but over time I've had nine people come in and move on to other places. We'd all be in __54__ if we hadn't banded together.
The American Dream I believe in now is a shared one. It's not so much about what I can get for myself；it's about __55__ we can all get by together.
36．A. separately B．equally
37．A. off B．apart C．over D．out
38．A. crossed B．left
39．A. fullest B．largest
40．A. at B．through
41．A. occupied B．abandoned
42．A. turned B．approached
43．A. but B．although
44．A. benefit B．lesson
45．A. sticking B．looking
46．A. wild B．real
47．A. neighborliness B．happiness
48．A. unique B．expensive
49．A. Up B．Down C．Deep D．Along
50．A. cooperation B．relationships
51．A. reality B．society
52．A. creating B．losing
53．A. put in B．turn in
C．take in D．get in
54．A. yards B．shelters
55．A. when B．what