第二部分 英语知识运用 (共两节.满分45分)
第一节 单项填空 (共15小题，每小题1分，满分15分)
21. [2013·福建卷] —Would you mind answering some questions on shopping habits?
A. Yes, with great pleasure
B. No, I am afraid I can't make it
C. Yes, it is worth the time
D. No, as long as it doesn't take long
22. [2013·新课标全国卷Ⅰ] India attained ________ independence in 1947, after ________ long struggle.
A. /; a B. the; a
C. an; / D. an; the
23. [2013·湖南卷] —I don't understand why you didn't go to the lecture yesterday afternoon.
—I'm so sorry. But I ________ my homework.
A．had done B. was doing
C. would do D. am doing
24. [2013·江苏卷] —What about your self－drive trip yesterday?
—Tiring！The road is being widened, and we ________ a rough ride.
C．would have D．have had
25. [2013·四川卷] ________ which university to attend，the girl asked her teacher for advice.
A. Not knowing
B. Knowing not
C. Not known
D. Known not
26. [2013·天津卷] I had hoped to take a holiday this year but I wasn't able to________．
A. get away B. drop in
C．check out D．hold on
27. [2013·重庆卷] —It rained cats and dogs this morning. I'm glad we took an umbrella.
—Yeah, we would have got wet all over if we ________.
28． [2013·安徽卷] It ________ be the vocabulary that caused you the problem in the exercise because you know a lot of words.
29. [2013·福建卷] The famous musician, as well as his students, ________ to perform at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Taipei Flower Expo.
A. were invited B. was invited
C. have been invited D. has been invited
30. [2013·天津卷] ________ I want to tell you is the deep love and respect I have for my parents.
A. That B. Which
31. [2013·东北育才双语学校模拟]News got around quickly ________ a gunman went on a shooting rampage at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado.
A. which B．what
32. [2013·江西卷] She says that she'll have to close the shop ________ business improves.
A. if B. unless
C. after D. when
33. [2013·四川卷] Nowadays people are more concerned about the environment ________ they live
A. what B. which
C. when D. where
34. [2013·新课标全国卷Ⅱ] It was only after he had read the papers ________ Mr. Gross realized the task before him was extremely difficult to complete.
A．when B. that
C. which D. what
35. [2013·湖南卷] Every day ________ a proverb aloud several times until you have it memorized.
A. read B. reading
C. to read D. reads
阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项A、B、 C和D中, 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
If you want to learn a new language, the very first thing to think about is why. Do you need it for a __36__ reason, such as your job or your studies? __37__ perhaps you're interested in the __38__，films or music of a different country and you know how much it will help to have a __39__ of the language.
Most people learn best using a variety of __40__， but traditional classes are an ideal(理想的)start for many people. They __41__ an environment where you can practice under the __42__ of someone who's good at the language. We all lead __43__ lives and learning a language takes __44__. You will have more success if you study regularly, so try to develop a __45__. It doesn't matter if you haven't got long. Becoming fluent in a language will take years, but learning to get by takes __46__．
Many people start learning a language and soon give up. “I'm too __47__，” they say. Yes, children do learn languages more __48__ than adults, but research has shown that you can learn a language at any __49__. And learning is good for the health of your brain, too. I've also heard people __50__ about the mistakes they make when __51__. Well, relax and laugh about your mistakes __52__ you're much less likely to make them again.
Learning a new language is never __53__. But with some work and devotion, you'll make progress. And you'll be __54__ by the positive reaction of some people when you say just a few words in __55__ own language. Good luck!
36．A. technical B．political
37．A. After B．So
38．A. literature B．transport
39．A. view B．knowledge
40．A. paintings B．regulations
41．A. protect B．change
42．A. control B．command
43．A. busy B．happy
44．A. courage B．time
45．A. theory B．business
46．A. some risks B．a lot less
C．some notes D．a lot more
47．A. old B．nervous
48．A. closely B．quickly
49．A. age B．speed
50．A. worry B．hesitate
51．A. singing B．working
52．A. if B．and
53．A. tiresome B．hard
54．A. blamed B．amazed
55．A. their B．his