第二部分 英语知识运用 (共两节，满分45分)
第一节 单项填空 (共15小题；每小题1分，满分15分)
21.[2013·江苏卷] —The T－shirt I received is not the same as is shown online.
—________ ？But I promise you we'll look into it right away.
A．Who says B．How come
C．What for D．Why worry
22. [2013·陕西卷] Although Rosemary had suffered from a serious illness for years, she lost ________ of her enthusiasm for life.
23. [2013·福建卷] The girl has a great interest in sport and ________ badminton classes twice a week over the last three years.
A. took B. is taking
C. takes D. has been taking
24. [2013·山东卷] ________ at the cafeteria before, Tina didn't want to eat there again.
A. Having eaten B. To eat
C. Eat D. Eating
25. [2013·江西卷] Mother always complains that children ________ their shoes very quickly.
A. find out B. wash out
C. wear out D. set out
26. [2013·福建卷] Michelle found a job as a high school teacher which ________ spending quite a lot of time with students.
A. enjoys B. involves
C. practices D. suggests
27. [2013·天津卷] The water supply has been cut off temporarily because the workers ________ one of the main pipes.
A. had repaired B. have repaired
C．repaired D．are repairing
28. [2013·河北五校联盟调研]It's said that there are plenty of hotels in that town. There ________ be any difficulty for you to find somewhere to stay.
29. [2013·浙江卷] The only way to succeed at the highest level is to have total belief ________ you are better than anyone else on the sports field.
A. how B. that
C. which D. whether
30．[2013·重庆卷] ________struck me most in the movie was the father's deep love for his son.
31. [2013·湖南卷] You must learn to consult your feelings and your reason ________ you reach any decision.
A. although B. before
C. because D. unless
32. [2013·辽宁卷] He may win the competition, ________ he is likely to get into the national team.
A．in which case B．in that case
C．in what case D．in whose case
33. [2013·湖南卷] Not once ________ to Michael that he could one day become a top student in his class.
A. occurred it B. it did occur
C. it occurred D. did it occur
34. [2013·新课标全国卷Ⅰ] There's no way of knowing why one man makes an important discovery ________ another man, also intelligent, fails.
A. since B．if
C. as D. while
35. [2013·福建卷] A society cannot be successful if it throws tradition away, but it cannot be successful ________if we do something to stop progress.
A. either B. neither
C. too D. also
As I held my father's hands one night, I couldn't help but notice their calluses(老茧) and roughness. His hands tell the story of his life as a __36__，including all his struggles.
One summer, I remember，a drought(旱灾) hit Ontario, turning it into a __37__ desert. On one of those hot mornings I was picking sweet corn with my dad to fill the last __38__ from the grocery store. Fifty dozen was all we needed, which __39__ took twenty minutes. That morning，however, the process didn't __40__ quickly. After forty minutes of aimlessly walking in the field, we __41__ needed twenty dozen. I was completely frustrated and __42__．Dropping the basket heavily，I declared，“If the store wants its last twenty dozen，they can pick it themselves！” Dad __43__，“Just think, my little girl, only ten dozen left for each of us and then we're __44__. ”Such is Dad—whatever problem he __45__，he never gives up.
__46__，the disastrous effects of the drought were felt all over our country. It was a challenging time for everyone, __47__ Dad remained optimistic. He __48__ to be grateful for other things like good health and food on our plates. Only then did I truly begin to __49__ Dad and his faith that guided us through the hard times.
Dad is also a living example of real __50__．From dawn to dusk, he works countless hours to __51__ our family. He always puts our happiness __52__ his own, and never fails to cheer me on at my sports games __53__his exhaustion after long days. His loving and selfless nature has inspired me to become more sympathetic and __54__， putting others first.
Dad, the life __55__ I have learned from you will stay with me forever. You are my father, teacher, friend and，most importantly，my hero.
36．A. teacher B. gardener
37．A. stormy B. lively
38．A. order B. form
39．A. repeatedly B. normally
40．A. go B. begin
41．A. yet B. still
42．A. surprised B. nervous
43．A. apologized B. cried
44．A. lost B．done
45．A. meets with B. brings up
C．works out D．thinks about
46．A. Thankfully B. Hopefully
47．A. or B. for
48．A. happened B. seemed
49．A. face B. appreciate
50．A. love B. pride
51．A. support B. settle
52．A. after B. before
53．A. in spite of B. in terms of
C．in control of D．in place of
54．A. careful B. regretful
55．A. history B. motto