例：It’s so nice to hear from her again. _____, we last met more than thirty years ago.
A．What’s more B．That’s to say
C．In other words D．Believe it or not
21. ______ more about university courses, write to this address.
A. Find B. Finding C. Found D. To find
22. The doctor said Carl might recover, ______ it would be a slow process.
A. so B. but C. and D. or
23. He drove his new car at an amazing speed, ______ resulted in a terrible accident.
A. who B. that C. when D. which
24. He ran toward the coming train, ______ his camera’s flash to warn the driver of the danger.
A. to fire B. firing C. fired D. having fired
25. In the biography, Anne describes ______ her science teacher inspired her to become a medical scientist.
A. how B. what C. why D. whether
26. — I have not heard from Mark for a long time. I’m quite worried about him.
— OK. I’ll let you know the minute I ______ anything.
A. will hear B. am hearing C. heard D. hear
27. We can also visit the Palace Center at weekends, but it will mean increasing the entrance fee______ $5, from $10 to $15.
A. for B. by C. at D. of
28. A man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure ______ he begins to blame somebody else.
A. when B. if C. until D. once
29. — Where are you working now, Jason?
— In the Mondadori Publishing House. But I ______ in a TV station for six years.
A. worked B. had worked C. was working D. work
30. Scientists predict that by 2025, 90 percent of all electronic communication ______ by mobile phone.
A. will conduct B. is conducted
C. has conducted D. will be conducted
31. — Make a turn at the corner.
— ______ I make a right or a left? I’m terrible at directions.
A. Must B. Could C. Should D. May
32. I bought this computer because it was ______ I could find.
A. the lightest B. the lighter C. the light D. lighter
33. — If I ______ my dog run out in the street, it wouldn’t have been injured by the car.
— Don’t blame yourself any more. Owning a pet is a tough job.
A. hadn’t let B. didn’t let
C. wouldn’t let D. wouldn’t have let
34. Loneliness is a feeling ______ by many parents whose children have gone to faraway places
for education or work.
A. experience B. to experience C. experienced D. experiencing
35. — Where’s my raincoat?
— I don’t have the slightest idea. ______ the closet?
A. Did you check B. Have you checked
C. Do you check D. Had you checked