21. —What do you think of your new Pad?
—Good. I don’t think I can find a ______ one.
A. worst B. best C. worse D. better
22. —I’ll be down in two minutes!
—OK. I’ll wait until you ______ ready.
A. will be B. are C. would be D. were
23. Don’t use your mobile phone while charging, ______ you may be shocked by electricity.
A. or B. and C. but D. yet
24. You can complain, but I doubt ______ it will make any difference.
A. that B. whether C. why D. when
25. —Have you heard of the accident on this road last night?
—Yes. And there ______ three accidents here so far this year.
A. are B. were C. have been D. had been
26. Doctors always advise us ______ plenty of water to stay healthy.
A. drunk B. drinking C. drink D. to drink
27. No matter how busy he is, Tom makes ______ a rule to see his parents every week.
A. this B. that C. it D. him
28. —Can I come over in an hour?
—Sorry, I ______ the house.
A. will clean B. am cleaning C. clean D. will be cleaning
29. This restaurant has an inviting, homelike atmosphere ______ many others are short of.
A. where B. when C. that D. what
30. —Can I smoke here?
—No. Go to the smoking section, if you ______.
A. must B. can C. shall D. may
31. —Have they got our car repaired?
—I don’t know. But it ______ when I called them yesterday.
A. would repair B. was repaired C. had repaired D. was being repaired
32. When ______ about the reason for winning the prize, the girl owed the success to her teachers.
A. asked B. asking C. being asked D. having asked
33. With our country entering an aging society, ______ the retirement age is probably unavoidable.
A. having delayed B. delaying C. being delayed D. to be delayed
34. The new policy allows a couple to have a second birth ______ either is an only child.
A. though B. if C. unless D. until
35. But for the mistakes he made, Li Ming ______ the entrance exam last year.
A. would have passed B. will pass C. would pass D. will have passed