例：It’s so nice to hear from her again. _____, we last met more than thirty years ago.
A．What’s more B．That’s to say
C．In other words D．Believe it or not
21. Everyone tells me I’m a good speaker, _____ I really don’t like speaking in public.
A. and B. so C. but D. or
22. Try not to wake up the baby if you _____ into the bedroom.
A. go B. went C. have gone D. will go
23. John seemed puzzled about _____ the question meant.
A. how B. why C. what D. which
24. — Do you like the school?
— Yeah. I only wish the classes _____ a little smaller.
A. be B. were C. had been D. should have been
25. According to the factory safety rules, all accidents _____ be reported to the safety
A. may B. can C. would D. must
26. We can’t go ahead with the plan because very few people _____ any interest so far.
A. had shown B. show C. will show D. have shown
27. We climbed higher _____ we might see the scenes better.
A. so that B. even though C. in case D. as if
28. Most of my friends shop at the stores _____ the goods are very cheap.
A. which B. where C. whose D. why
29. At first I regretted _____ them to stay, but we soon became great friends.
A. to invite B. invited C. to have invited D. inviting
30. The visiting professor was interested in the teaching methods _____ in the classroom.
A. use B. to use C. using D. used
31. Mr. Carter will be the main speaker ______ the graduation ceremony.
A. at B. to C. among D. about
32. The painting ______ to someone who later donated it to the college.
A. had sold B. was sold C. will sell D. is sold
33. — Joe, don’t forget to bring your laptop with you tomorrow, OK?
— Oh, thank you. I wouldn’t bring it if you _____ me.
A. wouldn’t remind B. haven’t reminded
C. hadn’t reminded D. shouldn’t have reminded
34. _____ more effectively with others, more and more people equip themselves with a
A. Compete B. Being competed C. To compete D. Competing
35. Health experts believe that even a little exercise is far better than _____at all.
A. none B. little C. everything D. anything