Most friendships die a nature death: people move, change jobs, or start different stages of life. Other friendships, however, end unexpectedly. When a friendship is over and you don’t understand why, it can be especially painful. Sometimes a friend ends your relationship without telling you why.
The loss of friendship might be worth reflecting on. Knowing when a friendship is over and why it ends may help you build stronger friendships in the future.
●See if you can find a problem.
When a friendship is over, examine your relationship. Perhaps you remember your friend complaining that you’re always late. Maybe you seldom return your friend’s phone calls. When a friend ends your relationship, try to find out the reasons why the friendship is over.
● Writer a letter to your friend .
Express you feelings about the friendship. Do you miss seeing them? Do you have any regrets? Would you act differently if you were still friends? Make it an honest communication.
● Express you feeling of being hurt or anger.
Write or talk about how you feel in a letter. When a friendship is over, it’s important to communicate exactly how hurt you feel, and why. Write until you have nothing left to say. When a friend ends your relationship, you do have the right to express yourself.
● Communicate that you are open to pick up the friendship .
When a friendship is over and you want to reconnect some day, send Christmas, or birthday cards. Say hi and send greetings through mutual(共有的) friends. When a friendship is over, don’t give up until you’re ready.
● Decide to make your present friendships better.
An adviser once told me that simply talking about your relationship strengthens your relationship. Talk to your present friends. Are they happy with your friendship? If a friend ends your relationship, learn something from it.
68.The underlined phrase “reflecting on” in Paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to .
A. keeping on
B. giving up
C. thinking about
D. getting angry
69.What can we know from “See if you can find a problem.”?
A. You are always late when you and your friend plan to go out.
B. Perhaps your friendship is over because of your problem.
C. Your friend is fond of complaining all the time.
D. You often refuse to answer your friend’s phone calls.
70. When a friendship is over, you may do all the following EXCEPT .
A. ask your friends whose fault on earth it is
B. talk about how you feel about your friendship
C. write a letter to your friend to tell your regrets
D. send your greetings to your friend before giving up
What is your favourite colour? Do you like yellow, orange, red? 71 Do you prefer greys and blues? Then you are probably quiet, shy, and you would rather follow than lead. You tend to be pessimist. At least, this is what psychologists tell us, and they should know, because they have been seriously studying the meaning of colour preference, as well as the effect that colours have on human beings. 72 If you happen to love brown, you did so, as soon as you opened your eyes, or at least as soon as you could see clearly.
73 A yellow room makes most people feel more cheerful and more relaxed than a dark green one; and a red dress brings warmth and cheer to the saddest winter day. 74 A black bridge over the Thames River, near London, used to be the scene of more suicides than any other bridge in the area ------ until it was repainted green. The number of suicide attempts immediately fell sharply. Perhaps it would have fallen even more if the bridge had been done in pink or baby blue.
75 It is an established fact that factory workers work better, harder, and have fewer accidents when their machines are painted orange rather than black or grey.
A. They tell us, among other facts, that we do not choose our favourite colour as we grow up ----- we are born with our preference.
B. On the other hand, black is depressing.
C. If you do, you must be an optimist, a leader, an active person who enjoys life, people and excitement.
D. Light and bright colours make people not only happier but more active.
E. Life is like a picture or a poem, full of different colours.
F. Colours do influence our moods---there is no doubt about it.
G. The rooms are painted in different colours as you like.
第一节: 单词拼写 (共10小题; 每小题1分,满分10分)
76. They have been keeping a record of natural _________________（灾难）.
77. She finds it difficult to s____________ fact from fantasy.
78. As a famous basketball player, Yao Ming is _____________(钦佩) by many fans.
79. Please tell him to come to my office at once to have an u __________ meeting.
80. She is always _________________ (抱怨)about everything.
81. The bus is c_____________ with so many passengers.
82. If you want to keep fit, you’d better go to Dr. Smith, who is an e_________ on losing weight.
83. P_____________, I don’t think he is very strict with himself in the training.
84. Never lose c____________ in yourself if you fail this time.
85. Yang Liwei, one of China’s a_________________, is considered to be a national hero.
第二节 书面表达( 满分25分)
Tom 和 Peter 是邻居，又是好朋友。他们有很多共同之处，又有不同点。请阅读下面表格并写一篇短文。
1. 都在离家很远的同一间学校学习；2．都很努力学习，互相帮助；3. 都擅长数学和英语；4. 他们都相信只有努力学习和积极锻炼身体相结合才能取得更大进步。
参考词汇： classical music古典音乐 popular songs 流行歌曲 take exercise 锻炼