1. What does the woman think is more difficult?
2. What does the woman do now?
A. A painter.
B. A teacher.
C. An actress.
3. How is the man going home?
A. By train.
B. By bus.
C. By taxi.
4. What can we learn from the conversation?
A. It is nine thirty now.
B. The last plane left five minutes ago.
C. The man will leave Chicago in half an hour.
5. Why isn’t the man cheerful?
A. The questions are too hard.
B. He hasn’t finished the questions.
C. The questions have little to do with the book.
6. Who is making the telephone call?
7. When does the play start?
A. At 7:00.
B. At 8:00.
C. At 9:00.
8. Why doesn’t the woman work for the former company?
A. The salary is low.
B. Her office is far from home.
C. The company is small.
9. How much money does the woman want for a year?
A. About ￡12,000.
B. About ￡20,000.
C. About ￡200,000.
10. Where are the speakers?
A. At the airport.
B. At the man’s home.
C. At a café.
11. How many people are there in the man’s family?
12. What do we know about Jamie?
A. He has been married.
B. He is a college student.
C. He is younger than Julian.
13. How did the woman get to know about the club?
A. From a newspaper ad.
B. From her mother.
C. From her friends.
14. What activity is the woman interested in?
15. When will the club members practise German?
A. On Monday evening.
B. On Wednesday evening.
C. On Friday evening.
16. What will the woman do next?
A. Send a form.
B. Write down her name.
C. Give her personal information to the man.
17. What is the woman’s major?
18. When did the woman last see Lily?
A. Three days ago.
B. One week ago.
C. Three years ago.
19. What is Lily’s problem?
A. She lacks chances to speak Chinese.
B. She finds it difficult to write Chinese words.
C. She doesn’t know how to remember Chinese words.
20. Where does the woman plan to further her study?
A. In China.
B. In Italy.
C. In England.