1. It’s _______ thrill to have ______ ten-year research project completed with the desired result.
A. / ; the
B. a; the
C. the; a
D. a; a
2. --Would you mind if I opened the window?
-- ________. In fact, I was going to suggest you _______ it.
A. Yes; not did
B. Not at all; do
C. More or less; did
D. of course; do
3. My father is always strict _______ me, so he was very angry _______ my fault on this matter.
A. with; with
B. in; for
C. with; at
D. in; about
4. It’s very dangerous to _______ these viruses without any protection.
A. be exposed to
B. expose to
D. be exposing to
5. ______ money, his parents couldn’t send him to university.
B. Lacking of
C. Lacked in
6. When I opened the door, I found my father sitting in his chair, completely ______ in the humorous stories he was reading.
7. The experiment shows that proper amounts of exercise, if _______ regularly, can improve our health.
A. being carried out
B. carried out
C. carrying out
D. to carry out
8. Only when I left my parents for Italy ________ how much I loved them.
A. I realized
B. I had realized
C. had I realized
D. did I realize
9. The Chinese teacher asked her to _______ unnecessary words and sentences.
A. bring out
B. let out
C. leave out
D. make out
10. I feel it is your husband who _______ for the spoiled child.
A. is to blame
B. is going to blame
C. is to be blamed
D. should blame
11. If this bridge can't be repaired, ____ will mean no food will be transported to the flooded areas.
12. Still many Senior Three students haven't realized reading English newspapers _______of great help to their English study.
C. have been
D. had heen
13. - Why do you choose to work in a kindergarten?
- Well, you know, dancing is my _____. So it is my best choice.
14. I have to see the doctor this afternoon because I ____ a lot lately.
A. have been coughing
B. had coughed
15 . - The speaker is a tall man with glasses.
- Then it_____ be Mr. Smith, who is short and thin.
16. Sometimes people just believe what they see, ______the reality may be different.
A. as if
B. even though
17. Be _____we can' t expect an absolute freedom of expression.
18. Father said he would come to my graduation ceremony, he didn't, _______