I. Listening Comprehension
Directions: In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
l.A.At a bakery. B.At a hotel.
C.At a post office. D.At a birthday party.
2. A. Librarian and student. B. Operator and caller.
C. Boss and secretary. D.Customer and repairman.
3. A. 30 minutes. B.60 minutes.
C. 90 minutes. D. 120 minutes.
4.A.A best sailor. B. A latest book.
C.A good business. D.An exciting story.
5. A.By going on a diet. B.By eating fruit and vegetables.
C. By having fewer meals. D. By doing physical exercise.
6. A.It was interesting and easy to follow. B. It was far beyond his understanding.
C. It was as difficult as he had expected. D. It was long but easy to understand.
7. A. The traffic is always very heavy. B. The man needn’t go to the airport.
C. The subway is crowded at rush hours. D. The man had better take the subway.
8. A. The woman prefers going out. B. The woman will make the decision.
C. The man agrees with the woman. D. The man would rather stay inside.
9. A. The man can tell Kelly the news the next day.
B. The man shouldn’t tell Kelly the news at school.
C.The man should tell Kelly’s brother the news.
D. The man had better tell Kelly the news by himself.
10. A. The match will be put off due to the rain.
B. The rain isn’t likely to influence the man’s team.
C. The result of the match is sure to be affected.
D. The rain will help the man’s team win the match.