例 :It's so nice to hear from her again. _______, we last met more than thirty years ago.
A. What's more B. That's to say
C. In other words D. Believe it or not
21. The sign reads "In case of_______fire, break the glass and push______red button. "
A./; a B./; the C. the; the D. a; a
22. The medicine is on sale everywhere. You can get it at _______ chemist's.
A. other B. some C. another D. any
23. ________ you ought to do now is to see a doctor at once.
A. How B. That C. Which D. What
24. I'm going to spend the winter vacation in Shanghai,_______I have relatives.
A. which B. that C. where D. when
25. Please give Jim the schedule for tomorrow's conference when he _______ back. He is to chairthe conference.
A. will come B. came C. comes D. is coming
26. Though ______in a big city, Peter always prefers to paint the beautiful scenes of country life.
A. raised B. was raised C. raising D. raises
27. A1l flights _________ because of the heavy storm, so we decided to take the train.
A. have canceled B. have been canceled
C. had canceled D. had been canceled
28. According to IQ scores, you are smartest from 18 t0 25, but you're wiser and more experienced _______ increasing age.
A. for B. with C. at D. of
29. My grandma noticed that the girl ________ a short-sleeved dress, so she gave the girl a new sweater.
A. has worn B. was wearing C. wears D. is wearing
30. If the building project_______ by the end of this month is delayed, the construction company will be fined.
A. completed B. is completed C. to be completed D. being completed
31 Anyone can get into the club, _______ he is a member there.
A. even if B. so long as C. because D. unless
32. Only by practising a few hours every day ________ be able to play the piano well.
A. you would B. would you C. you will D. will you
33. You _____ me because I didn't say that.
A. may misunderstand B. must misunderstand
C. should have misunderstood D. must have misunderstood
34. If we ______ day before yesterday, we would have done the job.
A. hadn't been interrupted B. weren't being interrupted
C. wouldn't be interrupted D. weren't interrupted
35. The policeman kept his eyes________on the screen of the computer to identify the criminal's footprints.
A. fixing B. fixed C. to fix D. being fixed