21. —Would you mind giving your advice on how to improve our business management?
—If you make _____ most of the equipment, there will be _____ rise in production.
A. the; a B. /; / C. /; a D. the; /
22. — Oh, dear! We only have 15 minutes to get to the station.
— So terrible! There isn't any taxi around when you want ______.
A. it B. that C. this D. one
23. The first textbooks ______ for teaching English as a foreign language came out in the 16th century.
A. having written B. to be written C. being written D. written
试题分析：考查过去分词作定语的用法：句意：第一本为教英语写的课本在16世纪出版。The first textbooks 和write是被动的关系，而且第一
24. Some people say that every Senior 3 student is undergoing the most stressful times and with this I can’t agree ________.
A. less B. many C. much D. more
25. Being constantly exposed to advertisements is annoying, but it ______ be pleasant sometimes.
A. shall B. need C. can D. must
26. That George will marry Alice, ______ has not been announced yet, has spread around.
A. that B. which C. what D. who
27. — Hello, I _______ to ask if I can book two tickets for tonight’s film.
— Sorry, we’ve already sold out.
A. phone B. will phone C. am phoning D. have phoned
28. Great inventors don’t ________ graduate from famous universities. Some didn’t even go to university.
A. likely B. necessarily C. really D. particularly
29. The lawyer listened with full attention, __________ to miss any point.
A. not trying B. trying not C. to try not D. not to try
30. John thinks it won’t be long _________ he is ready for his new job.
A. when B. after C. before D. since
31. It is only when you nearly lose someone _____ fully conscious of how much you value him.
A. do you become B. then you become
C. have you become D. that you become
32. Even if there is no scientific proof secondhand smoke causes cancer, there is no reason why nonsmokers should be
forced to take this risk.
A. which B. that C. when D. where
33. —Can you tell me what time the flight to Detroit leaves?
—I’m sorry, but it _______________.
A. has been canceled B. had been canceled C. has canceled D. had canceled
34. —Is Mr. Wang still teaching in this school?
—I’m afraid not. He is said _______ the school as he was diagnosed with liver cancer.
A. to have left B. to have been left C. to leave D. to be left
试题分析：考查固定句型：句意：--王先生还在学校教书吗？--恐怕不了，据说，他已经离开学校，因为他被诊断为肝癌了。Sb /sth is said to
do/to have done…，某人/某物据说将要做…、已经做了…，动词不定式的完成式表示该动作发生谓语动词之前。“I’m afraid not.”表明Bob不再
35. You can’t predict everything. Often things don’t __________ as you expect.
A. run out B. break out C. work out D. put out