1. What is the man going to do?
A. Come back again to apply for the job.
B. Think about whether he really wants to give up
C. Get some training before he quits his job.
2. Where does the conversation most probably take place?
A. At the city library. B. At the post office. C. At the service counter.
3. How much will the man pay for the tickets?
A. $ 7 . B. $ 21. C. $ 14.
4. Which of the statements is true?
A. The man will take an exam next week.
B. The man will attend the party tonight.
C. The woman feels sorry for the man.
5. What do we know about the two speakers?
A. They don’t know how to get to Mike’s home.
B. They are discussing when to meet again.
C. They went to the same party some time ago.
6. What has the man been doing?
A. Writing a book. B. Reading a book. C. Advertising a book.
7. What is the man’s response to the woman’s suggestion?
A. He doesn’t take it seriously.
B. He has rejected it.
C. He has accepted it.
8. What has happened to Tom?
A. He hurt his left foot.
B. He met with a traffic accident.
C. He was badly hurt when training.
9. Where is Tom now?
A. In the school. B. On the way to the hospital. C. In the emergency room.
10. Why did the man come to the graduate school library?
A. To find some books about American history.
B. To borrow some journals about English learning.
C. To find materials not available at the main library.
11. What is the topic of the man’s term paper?
A. Election in American history.
B. The impact of TV on recent presidential election.
C. The use of computers.
12. What should the man do to get some materials from other libraries?
A. Type the request into the computer and go there to get it.
B. Pay certain amount of money to use it.
C. Read it in the library instead of taking them out.
13. How many times has the man been to New York?
A. 3 times. B. Twice. C. Never.
14. How did the woman get the tuition for study?
A. From her parents. B. From her salary. C. From her scholarship.
15. What can we learn from the conversation?
A. The woman lived in New York for around 16 years.
B. The woman’s major is Environmental Engineering.
C. Carl is the woman’s boyfriend.
Weather Report for Tomorrow
Most places It will start off dry with a good deal of 16._______________.
17._____________coast There will be a bit of fog.
Northwest It will stay dull and cloudy with some heavy showers; temperatures will be 18.____________℃.
The south Warm, humid weather pushes in from the south.
Southern half There will be rain in most part by the evening.
Southwest There will be some 19.______________; the temperature will reach 26℃ or possibly 27 ℃.
Northern half It will be brighter and 20.___________. It will stay dry, but it will be quite windy and that wind will keep temperatures down to about 19 ℃.