I . 语言知识及应用（共两节，满分45分）
Hidden passengers traveling in ships, trams, or even cars can be a terrible trouble — especially when they are insects. As for this, there is a great 1 between human beings and insects. The 2 take every possible effort to avoid being discovered, while the latter quickly 3 attention to themselves.
We can only show mercy to the 4 man who had to stop his car soon after setting out from a country village to drive to London. Hearing a strange noise from the5 of the car, he naturally got out to examine the wheels carefully, but he found nothing wrong, so he 6 his way. Again the noise began, 7 and became even louder. Quickly turning his head, the man saw what appeared to be a great 8 cloud following the car. When he stopped at a village further on, he was told that a queen bee must be hidden in his car as there were thousands of bees 9 .
On learning this, the man drove away as quickly as possible. After an hour's 10 driving, he arrived safely in London, where he parked his car outside a 11 and went in. It was not long before a customer who had seen him arrive 12 in to inform him that his car was 13 with bees. The poor driver was 14 that the best way should be to call a 15 .In a short time the man arrived. He found the unwelcome passenger hidden near the wheels at the back of the car. Very thankful to the driver for this unexpected gift, the bee-keeper took the queen and her thousands of followers home in a large box.
1.A.connection B. difference C. communication D. similarity
2. A. passengers B. insects C. former D. first
3. A. give B. keep C. pay D. draw
4. A. unfortunate B. careless C. unpleasant D. hopeless
5. A. front B. back C. left D. right
6. A. drove B. continued C. pushed D. forced
7. A. normally B. gently C. quietly D. immediately
8. A. black B. beautiful C. white D. colorful
9. A. below B. ahead C. nearby D. behind
10. A. boring B. careful C. exciting D. hard
11. A. hotel B. museum C. hospital D. school
12. A. broke B. moved C. hurried D. dropped
13. A. crowded B. covered C. filled D. equipped
14. A. advised B. required C. ordered D. requested
15. A. bee-keeper B. policeman C. waiter D. repairman