1. 全市公立博物馆对学生免费开放。 （open）
All the public museums are open to the students, free of charge.
2. 干嘛不在周末去博物馆看看？（why not +不定式）
Why not go to the museums on weekends?
3. 友谊是有来有往的事儿，它是建筑在相互帮助的基础上的。（it, base）
Friendship is a matter of give-and-take. It is based on mutual help.
4. 简(Jane) 长得漂亮， 有人请她拍时装广告。我认为学生不应过早参与商业活动。（feature, involve）(宾语从句)
Jane is a beautiful girl, and was invited to feature in a fashion ad. However, I think students shouldn’t get involved in commercials too early.
5. 我班同学每逢节假日都到周边社区去当志愿者/义工。(make it a rule)
The students in my class make it a rule to work as volunteers in the nearby neighborhood on holidays.
6. 学校艺术节即将来临，戏剧社的同学都忙于排演英语短剧。（be busy doing）
The School Art Festival is drawing near, and students of the Drama Club are busy preparing English sketches.
7. 开学前夕， 书店结账台前排起了长队，有时长得火冒三丈。（drive sb. mad）(so that 引导的状语从句)
On the eve of a new semester, the queue/ lines in bookstores are so long that often they’ll drive you mad.
8. 大家都认为世上没有一种适合所有学生的教学方法。（it, agree/accept）
It is accepted/agreed that there isn’t a universal teaching method that suits students of all types.
One of the best approaches of learning English is to speak it with native speakers.
10. 在阅读时不要见到生词就查词典，往往生词词义在语境中可以猜出来。（come across）
When reading, don’t refer to the dictionary each time you come across a new word. Often the meaning of a new word is self-evident in the context.
Learning method varies from student to student. What is suitable for you may not be so for me.
12. 现在的高分并不意味着将来的成就。（not necessarily, mean/suggest）
High scores today do not necessarily mean great achievements in the future.
It will be easier to memorize difficult words or sentences if you associate them with visual things.
Child as he was, he worked out the difficult problem.
15. 并不是所有聪明的学生将来都会成功。在成长的过程中，还有别的因素在起作用。（factor, at work）(部分否定)
Not all intelligent students will become successful in the future. There are other factors at work in the growth progress.
Seldom did Tom go to teachers for solutions, he said self-study benefits himself more.
17. 对于学英语的人来讲，英式英语和美式英语同等重要，所以你都应接触。（be exposed to）
For an English learner, both British English and American English are equally important, and you must be exposed to both of them.
It makes no difference whether you use an electric dictionary or a traditional one.
19. 汤姆不大重视实践。所以他同外国人交谈会紧张。（account for）(宾语从句)
Tom doesn’t pay enough attention to practice. This accounts for why he feels nervous when talking with foreigners.
Tom failed the oral test not because it was very difficult but because he had little self-confidence.