Ⅰ. Listening Comprehension
Section A Short Conversations
Directions: In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. A teacher. B. A doctor. C. A policeman D. A postman.
2. A. 4:00. B. 4:15. C. 4:45. D. 5:00.
3. A. The performance. B. The price. C. The seats. D. The lights.
4. A. She has to work that day. B. She doesn’t like parties.
C. She has to do some sports. D. She must stay at home.
5. A. It will cool down soon. B. It has been hot for a long time.
C. The forecast is wrong. D. They usually have hot summers.
6. A. To go home to fetch the schedule. B. To make a copy of the schedule.
C. To get the schedule for her. D. To pick her up at the library.
7. A. He is always making silly decisions. B. His words are often not reliable.
C. He is rich enough to own a farm. D. He lent his apartment to his friend.
8. A. The sign is not clear enough. B. The man wants to see the staff.
C. The man is in the wrong place. D. The man works at the airport.
9. A. Ben probably failed in the exam. B. Ben felt the exam quite easy for him.
C. The exam was easier than the last one. D. Ben doesn’t remember the exam at all.
10. A. The woman has made a wise choice.
B. The woman won’t make a successful manager in the future.
C. The woman should pursue her studies in science now.
D. The woman should think carefully before making her decision.
Section B Passages
Directions: In Section B, you will hear two short passages, and you will be asked three questions on each of the passages. The passages will be read twice, but the questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, read the four possible answers on your paper and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard.
Questions 11 through 13 are based on the following passage.
11. A. Falls. B. Traffic accidents. C. Drowning. D. Diseases.
12. A. At home. B. At school. C. In streets. D. In dormitories.
13. A. Education for children. B. Education for parents and child care staff.
C. Teachers’ sense of responsibility. D. Joining Safe Kids China.
Questions 14 through 16are based on the following passage.
14. A. An international airport. B. A travel agency.
C. An overseas company. D. A government organization.
15. A. Bad weather. B. More airplanes.
C. Poor technology. D. Lack of communication.
16. A. The advantages and disadvantages of air travel.
B. The causes of airline delays and possible solutions.
C. The problems caused by heavy traffic in big cities.
D. The history and the major functions of FAA.
Section C Longer Conversations
Directions: In Section C, you will hear two longer conversations. The conversations will be read twice. After you hear each conversation, you are required to fill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
Blanks 17 through 20 are based on the following conversation.
Complete the form. Write ONE WORD for each answer.
Blanks 21 through 24 are based on the following conversation.