高中名著精读:《呼啸山庄》第九章节选(英汉双语)

所属专题:高中名著精读  来源:    要点:呼啸山庄  
编辑点评: 《呼啸山庄》是英国勃朗特姐妹之一艾米莉·勃朗特的代表作,讲述了一个错综复杂而又惊心动魄的关于爱情和复仇的故事。今天小编带来的就是本书第九章的部分选段,快和小编一起感受一下它的魅力吧。

'What do you want?' he asked roughly.
“你想干什么?”他粗鲁地问。

'My name was Isabella Linton,' I replied. 'Now I'm married to Mr Heathcliff.'
“我叫伊莎贝拉·林顿,”我回答。“我已嫁给了希斯克利夫先生。”

解析:marry 结婚
与某人结婚应该用短语 marry to sb.
eg: Ann married to Jim two years ago.
安两年前嫁给了吉姆。

'Ah, so that devil has returned! Good!'he growled.
“哦,这么说那个恶棍回来啦!好!”他咆哮道。

You can imagine, Ellen, how unhappy I felt in that unpleasant house. I knew that only four miles away was my real home, Thrushcross Grange, containing the only people I loved in the world. But those four miles were like an ocean, which I could not cross! Don't tell Edgar or Catherine this, but I had hoped to find a friend at Wuthering Heights, some one to support me against Heathcliff. Now I realized that no one here would help me.
你可以想像得到,艾伦,我在那讨厌的宅子里会多难过。我清楚这儿离我真正的家画眉山庄只有四英里,那儿有我在这世上唯一爱着的人。但那四英里像一片汪洋,我过不去!别把这个告诉艾加或凯瑟琳,我原指望能在呼啸山庄找到一个朋友,一个能帮助我对付希斯克利夫的人。如今我明白这儿没人能帮我。

解析:unpleasant 不高兴的、不愉快的
由否定前缀un-和pleasant(高兴的、愉快的)组成
eg: This unpleasant incident detract from our enjoyment of the evening.
这件不愉快的事情是我们当晚兴致大减。

After a long silence I said, 'Please ask a maid to show me my bedroom. I'm tired after my journey.'
沉默了许久之后我说,“请让个女仆带我去我的卧室。我走了那么远的路,累了。”

'We have no maids here,' he answered. 'Joseph will show you Heathcliff's room, if you like. And—and—you’d better lock the bedroom door tonight!'
“我们这儿没有女仆,”他回答。“约瑟夫会带你去希斯克利夫的房间,如果你愿意。还有——还有——今晚你最好锁上卧室的门!”

'Why, Mr Earnshaw?' I asked. I did not want to lock myself in with Heathcliff.
“为什么,欧肖先生?”我问。我不想把自己和希斯克利夫锁在房间里。

解析:lock oneself in 把……关在里面
eg: Tommy locked himself in the bedroom for breaking up with his girlfriend.
托米因为跟女友分手而把自己锁在房间里。

He brought out a gun, which had a knife attached to it.
他拿出一枝枪,上面还带着一把刀子。

解析:attach 附加、附属、伴随
短语attach to 依附、贴、装
eg: He attached an
aerial to the radio.
他把收音机装上天线。

'Look at this,' he said. 'Every night I try to open his bed room door. Up to now he's locked it. But one night he'll forget, and Then I'll kill him!'
“看看这个,”他说。“我每天晚上都想橇开他卧室的门。到目前为止他都上锁。可要是哪天晚上他忘了,我就会杀了他!”

解析:up to know 迄今为止、至今
eg: Up to now, only one passenger survived from the crash.
目前为止,还只有一名乘客在空难中幸存。

'Why do you hate him so much?' I asked.
“你为什么这么恨他?”我问。

'Because he's taken everything from me!' he shouted angrily. 'There's nothing left for Hareton to inherit! But I'm going to get it all back! and his money too, and then his blood. Then the devil can have his soul!'
“因为他抢走了我的一切!”他嚎道。“什么也没剩下让哈里顿去继承!但我会把它全夺回来的!还有他的钱,还有他的血。然后魔鬼就能收去他的灵魂!”

He seemed mad to me, Ellen. I left him, and went to find the old servant, Joseph. It seemed that Heathcliff's room was locked, and there were no guest bedrooms, so in the end I slept on a chair in the child's room. What a welcome to my new home!
我看他好像疯了,艾伦。我离开了他,去找那个老仆约瑟夫。希斯克利夫的房间似乎是锁着的,也没有给客人住的卧室,所以最后我在孩子的房里睡下了。到了我的新家,他们就这么欢迎我!

>>点击查看高中名著精读专题,阅读更多相关文章!

最新2024呼啸山庄信息由沪江高考资源网提供。

请输入错误的描述和修改建议,建议采纳后可获得50沪元。

错误的描述:

修改的建议: