例：Stand over there ______ you’ll be able to see it better.
A. or B. and C. but D. while 答案是B。
1. —Sorry, Liz. I think I was a bit rude to you.
—______, but don’t do that again!
A. Go ahead B. Forget it
C. It depends D. With pleasure
2. The quality of education in this small school is better than ______ in some larger schools.
A. that B. one C. it D. this
3. Only when Lily walked into the office ______ that she had left the contract at home.
A. she realized B. has she realized
C. she has realized D. did she realize
4. —Jack, you seem excited.
—______? I won the first prize
A. Guess what B. So what
C. Pardon me D. Who cares
5. ______in painting, John didn’t notice evening approaching.
A. To absorb B. To be absorbed
C. Absorbed D. Absorbing
6. Jane can’t attend the meeting at 3 o’clock this afternoon because she ______ a class at that time.
A. will teach B. would teach
C. has taught D. will be teaching
7. I ______ have worried before I came to the new school, for my classmates here are very friendly to me.
A. mightn’t B. mustn’t C. needn’t D. couldn’t
8. ______ for two days, Steve managed to finish his report on schedule.
A. To work B. Worked
C. To be working D. Having worked
9. Despite the previous rounds of talks, no agreement______ so far by the two sides.
A. has been reached B. was reached
C. will reach D. will have reached
10. Tom had to______ the invitation to the party last weekend because he was too busy.
A. turn in B. turn down
C. turn over D. turn to
11. If you have any doubts about your health, you’d better______ your doctor at once.
A. convince B. consult C. avoid D. affect
12. We need to get to the root of the problem______ we can solve it.
A. while B. after C. before D. as
13. I wish I ______ at my sister’s wedding last Tuesday, but I was on a business trip in New York then.
A. will be B. would be
C. have been D. had been