12. You ____ be Carol. You haven’t changed a bit after all these years.
A. must B. can C. will D. shall
13. In my hometown, there is always a harvest supper for the farmers after all the wheat____ cut.
A. will have been B. will be C. was D. has been
14.He wrote many children’ s books, nearly half of____ were published in the 1990s.
A. whom B. which C. them D. That
15. —Hello Jenny, can I see Ms. Lewis?
—____. I’ll tell you’re here.
A. With pleasure B. Never mind C. You’re welcome D. Just a minute
When Alice was sixteen, I was the one who wanted to run away from home. It was 16 to see the changes coming over her. She skipped school, and refused to communicate. I tried being firm, but it didn‘t 17. I saw a dark future for my once sweet daughter.
One school day Alice returned home very late. With a quarrel in view. I was surprised to see Alice was 18.
“I hope I did the right thing, Mom,”“Alice said. I saw a cat, all bloody but alive. I 19 it to the vet’s(宠物医院), and was asked to make payment 20 . As I couldn’t reach anyone at the phone number on the cat’s tag(标牌), I had to pay the bill.”
In the following days, the owner still couldn’t be 21. Alice paid the vet to continue treatment. I grew 22: what if the family had simply left the cat behind?
A week went by. A woman called to speak to Alice.
“She is at school,” I said.
“You have a 23 daughter,” she said, apparently in tears.
Her family had just returned from abroad, and got a (n) 24 from the vet. Their cat was recovering, thanks to Alice’s 25. “We can’t wait to hug Cuddles again,” she sobbed.
Upon her return home, Alice was filled with 26 at the news. So was I. I learned through another woman’s eyes that my daughter was still a good person despite her 27 teenage years. Her warm heart would surely guide her in the right direction.
16. A. pleasant B. painful C. unwise D. inspiring
17. A. remain B. match C. appear D. work
18. A. annoyed B. amused C. worried D. interested
19. A. carried B. followed C. returned D. guided
20. A. monthly B. honestly C. generously D. immediately
21.A. trusted B. contacted C. persuaded D. satisfied
22. A. active B. rude C. anxious D. proud
23. A. pretty B. grateful C. wonderful D. curious
24. A. apology B. invitation C. message D. reply
25. A. suggestion B. donation C. encouragement D. help
26. A. love B. anger C. regret D. joy
27. A. troubled B. long C. boring D. quiet
[考点] 形容词 感情色彩
3. tried being firm 尝试严格点but 转折指出女儿逃学，拒绝交流，我尝试严格点，但是没用， 所以选work 起作用