1. —Is Peter coming?
—No, he____ his mind after a phone call at the last minute.
A. changes B. changed C. was changing D. had changed
2. The meeting will be held in September, but____ knows the date for sure.
A. everybody B. nobody C. anybody D. somebody
3.I just heard____ bank where Dora works was robbed by____ gunman wearing a mask.
A. the; / B. a; / C. the; a D. a; the
4.If you miss this chance, it may be years ____ you get another one.
A. As B. before C. since D. after
5.—I can drive you home.
—____ , but are you sure it’s not too much trouble?
A. That would be great B. Don’t bother
C. I’m afraid not D. Take care
6.____ in the poorest area of Glasgow, he had a long, hard road to becoming a football star.
A. Being raised B. Raising C. Raised D. To raise
7.Without his wartime experiences, Hemingway____ his famous novel A Farewell to Arms.
A. Didn’t write B. hadn’t written
C. wouldn’t write D. wouldn’t have written
8. We must find out ____ Karl is coming, so we can book a room for him.
A. when B. how C. where D. why
9. Bach died in 1750, but it was not until the early 19th century____ his musical gift was fully recognized.
A. while B. though C. that D. after
10. Last year was the warmest year on record, with global temperature 0.68 ℃____ the average.
A. below B. on C. at D. above
11. Like ancient sailors, birds can find their way____ the sun and the stars.
A. used B. having used C. using D. use