A. become B. across C. lonely D. balcony
A. great B. heavy C. idea D. disease
A. pleasure B. music C. sure D. increase
A. warmth B. method C. theory D. breathe
A. however B. sorrow C. knowledge D. owner
Linda: Hello, George. 6
George: Hi, Linda. I’m reading a tourist guide to Europe.
George: Yes, i’m looking to such a trip. Hey, have you ever been there?
Linda: Yes. I’ve actually visited my countries in Europe; France, Germany, Italy and Austria, for example.
George: 8 And how long did you stay?
Linda: Two years ago. For over one month.
George: Did you like it?
Linda: 9 There are many ancient churches and castles. It’s the best trip I’ve ever taken.
George: Sounds great. 10
Linda: Good idea. You won’t regret it.
A: Of course.
B: Not exactly.
C: What are you doing?
D: When did you go there?
E: Do you plan to move to Europe?
F: Are you thinking of visiting Europe some day?
G: I decide to make a trip next October on my annual leave.
11. —I got that job I wanted at the public library.
—___________! That’s good news.
A. Go ahead B. Cheers C. Congratulations D. Come on
12. It’s quite hot today. Do you feel like _________ for a swim?
A. to go B. going C go D. having gone
13. Please send us all the information _________ you have about the candidate for the position.
A. that B. which C. as D. what
14. The Scottish girl ________ blue eyes won the first prize in the Fifth Chinese Speech Contest.
A. by B. of C. in D. with
15. ________ the delayed flight will take off depends much on the weather.
A. Why B. When C. That D. What
16. —You know, I met my girlfriend’s parents for the first time only yesterday.
—________? I thought you’d met them before.
A. So what B. Pardon C. Really D. What for
17. No sooner ________ stepped on the stage than the audience broke into thunderous applause.
A. had Mo Yan B. Mo Yan had C. has Mo Yan D. Mo Yan has
18. Ralph W. Emerson would always ______ new ideas that occurred to him.
A. set off B. set about C. set up D. set down
19. ________ village where I was born has grown into ________ town.
A. The; a B. A; the C. The; the D. A; a
20. ________ the difficult maths problem, I have consulted Professor Russell several times.
A. Working out B. Worked out C. To work out D. Work out
21. I’d appreciate ________ if you could let me know in advance whether or not you will come.
A. it B. you C. one D. this
22. During his stay in Xi’an, Jerry tried almost all the local foods his friends ________,
A. would recommend B. had recommended
C. have recommended D. were recommending
23. We would rather our daughter ________ at home with us, but it is her choice, and she is not a child any longer.
A. would stay B. has stayed C. stayed D. stay
24. The young couple, who returned my lost wallet, left _______ I could ask for their names.
A. while B. before C. after D. since
25. My book, The House of Hales, is missing. Who ________ have taken it?
A. need B. must C. should D. could
It was Mother’s Day and I was shopping at the local supermarket with my five-year-old son, Tenyson. As we were 26 , we realized that only minutes earlier an 27 woman had fallen over at the entrance and hit her head on the ground. 28 was with her, but there was blood everywhere and the woman was embarrassed and clearly in shock. 29 alot of people stopped to help out.
30 we were walking towards the scene, Tenyson became very 31 about what had happened to the elderly couple. He 32 to me, “Mom, it’s not much fun falling over in front of 33 .”Seeing that there was a flower stall（摊位）at the front of the supermarket, he added, “Why shouldn’t we 34 the lady a flower? It will make her feel better.”I was 35 that he’d come up with this 36 idea. So we went over and told the flower seller 37 we wanted. “Just take it,”she replied. “I 38 take your money for such a wonderful 39 .”
By now medical staff had arrived, and were 40 the injured woman. We gave the flower to the woman’s husband and I told him it was 41 my son. At that, the old man started crying and said, “Thank you very much.”He then turned to me, “You have a 42 son. Happy Mother’s Day to you.”
The man bent down and gave his wife the flower, telling ger who it was from. 43 being badly hurt, the old lady looked up at Tenyson with 44 inher eyes and gave him a little 45 .
26. A. leaving B. driving C. moving D. stopping
27. A. injured B. awkward C. honest D. elderly
28. A. Her husband B. My son C. The crowd D. The seller
29. A. Specifically B. Particularly C. Interestingly D. Fortunately
30. A. If B. Since C. While D. Unless
31. A. guilty B. curious C. angry D. worried
32. A. complained B. said C. lied D. responded
33. A. no one B. someone C. everyone D. anyone
34. A. lend B. bring C. leave D. buy
35. A. amazed B. shocked C. puzzled D. concerned
36. A. wise B. sweet C. innocent D. crazy
37. A. which B. when C. what D. whether
38. A. must not B. can’t C. may not D. needn’t
39. A. scene B. habit C. flower D. deed
40. A. checking with B. looking after C. operating on D. paying for
41. A. from B. to C. with D. about
42. A. respectful B. cheerful C. successful D. wonderful
43. A. Out of B. Regardless of C. Thanks to D. As to
44. A. love B. hope C. pity D. pain
45. A. idea B. money C. smile D. comfort