46. I grow up in a very big family. My parents have raised twelve kids and I am their first-born. It has been my duty to help my mom take care of my brothers and sisters. To handle them, often I have to organize an outdoor activity, like a softball game. I must say that I have the potential to work as an instructor.
47. Last year, my dog got crippled after losing the fight to my neighbor’s bulldog. I rinsed its wound with some lotion and tied its leg with a stick. I had him take medicine every day for a full month. Finally he recovered. I think I can help the elderly and the disabled as well. I feel so good when I can offer help.
48. I am a film buff. A big fan of Antonio Banderas. He is so wild and charming. Because of him, I fell in love with Spain. The Latin dance and the bullfight are really exciting. Oh, if only I could stay in Spain as an exchange student! I would be learning Spanish so well that I can watch a Spanish film with the dubbing.
49. I had the experience of working as a social worker in Switzerland last summer. I love the country and its people. There are great mountains for climbers and the local people are so nice to strangers. I helped the kids with their English. My teaching skills improved greatly during my stay. Now I’m well prepared to work as a language instructor.
50. I spent my gap year traveling all over Africa last year. It was definitely an eye- opening experience. The exotic clothes and tribal dances of the people really fascinated me. But I was most amazed by the wildlife there. I really took great pleasure in watching those animals hunting their prey. You know, I specialize in zoology, and I’m a good observer.
＊ 同年同月同日生的人：time twin
Oseola McCarty spent more than 75 years washing and ironing other people’s clothes. As a laundrywoman, she was paid only a few dollars each time. Certainly nobody would consider her rich, so they were all amazed when Miss McCarty decided to donate $ 150,000 to the University of Southern Mississippi.
The money was i … me savings. She could save such a large amount of money because she lived a very simple life. She never learned to drive, and when she wanted to go somewhere, she just walked. She never flew to anywhere till the donation（捐助），and in 50 years she had been out of the South only once. The house in which she lived was also a rather modest one her last uncle left her. Only after she became known in America did she begin to travel all over the country. Since then, she had been the subject of many interviews and articles and was even invited to the White House.
Her donation was for students who clearly needed financial help. She herself left school in the sixth grade and had never married or had children. She said to the reporters that the idea of helping somebody’s child go to college gave her much pleasure.
2. 用约120个词就Miss McCarty的捐助谈谈你的想法，内容包括：