I. listening comprehension
Part A: Short Conversation
Directions: In Part A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. Coke. B. Coffee. C. Tea. D. Water.
2. A. At a restaurant. B. At a studio. C. At a concert. D. At a theatre.
3. A. Relieved. B. Worried. C. Confused. D. Depressed.
4. A. The Browns. B. The Browns’ son. C. The postman. D. The neighbour.
5. A. 7:00. B. 7:10. C. 9:00. D. 9:10.
6. A. The ring is not hers. B. She doesn’t have gold rings.
C. She prefers gold to silver. D. She lost her silver ring.
7. A. The screen doesn’t have to be cleaned.
B. The keyboard also needs cleaning.
C. The man shouldn’t do the cleaning.
D. There’s not enough time to clean both.
8. A. The driver will stop the bus immediately.
B. The guy by the door will help the woman.
C. The woman should check the map.
D. He will tell the woman when to get off.
9. A. She dislikes fireworks. B. She has plans for the evening.
C. She doesn’t feel like going out. D. She has to get theatre tickets.
10. A. They can’t see the stars clearly.
B. They’re not in the city tonight.
C. They’re looking at the stars from the city.
D. They’re talking about movie stars.