A. gave B. save C. hat D. made
1. stop A. lose B. woman C. shock D. rose
2. breathe A. thick B. southern C. mathematics D. method
3. ground A. house B. country C. group D. cough
4. center A. ocean B. decide C. cause D. socialist
5. animal A. ache B. anything C. advance D. anxious
6. — We have booked a room for today and tomorrow. _______, sir.
A. I'm sure B. My pleasure C.It's all right D. I'll check
7. _______ felt funny watching myself on TV.
A. One B. This C.It D. That
8. _______ he had not hurt his leg, John would have won the race.
A. If B. Since C.Though D. When
9. After two years' research, we now have a _______ better understanding of the disease.
A. very B. far C.fairly D. quite
10. Speaking of all the songs he has written, I think this is probably his _______ one.
A. better-known B. well-known C.best-known D. most-known
11. If Joe' s wife won' t go to the party, _______.
A. he will either B. neither will he C.he neither will