A. sugar B. organize C. strange D. together
A. stomach B. achieve C. check D. machine
A. pollution B. struggle C. useful D. bury
A. baggage B. attract C. Canadian D. magazine
A. theatre B. breathe C. break D. heaven
6. The moment I got home, I found I my jacket on the playground.
A. had left B. left C. have left D. was leaving
7. Not until the motorbike looked almost new repairing and cleaning it.
A. he stopped B. did he stop C. stopped he D. he did stop
8. Tomorrow is Tom’s birthday. Have you got any idea the party is to be held?
A. what B. which C. that D. where
9. –What sort of house do you want to have? Something big?
--Well, it be big--that’s not important.
A. mustn’t B. needn’t C. can’t D. won’t
10. I ate sandwich while I was waiting for 20:08 train.
A. the, a B. the, the C. a, the D. a, a
11. The message is very important, so it is supposed as soon as possible.
A. to be sent B. to send C. being sent D. sending
12. He doesn’t have furniture in his room --just an old desk.
A. any B. many C. some D. much
13. The man pulled out a gold watch, were made of small diamonds.
A. the hands of whom B. whom the hands of
C. which the hands of D. the hands of which
14. around the Water Cube, we were then taken to see the Bird’s Nest for the 2008 Olympic Games.
A. Having shown B. To be shown C. Having been shown D. To show
15. –Did you go to the show last night?
–Yeah. Every boy and girl in the area invited
A. were B. have been C. has been D. was
16. Ten years ago the population of our village was that of theirs.
A. as twice large as B. twice as large as
C. twice as much as D. as twice much as
17. Though we don’t know what discussed, yet we can feel the topic .
A. had changed B. will change C. was changed D. has been changed
18. –The floor is dirty. Can anyone clean it?
– I do it all the time.
A. Don’t mention it. B. Why you? C. Not sure D. Not me again.
19. Elizabeth has already achieved success her wildest dreams.
A. at B. beyond C. within D. upon
20. It’s going to rain. Xiao Feng, Will you please help me the clothes on the line?
A. get off B. get back C. get in D. get on