PartⅠ Listening Comprehension (30 marks)
Section A(22.5 marks)
Directions: In this section, you will hear six conversations between two speakers. For each conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by three choices marked A, B and C. Listen carefully and then choose the best answer for each question.
You will hear each conversation TWICE.
1. Where is the man going?
A. Kennedy. B. London. C. New York.
2. When should the man arrive at the airport?
A. By 8:15. B. By 9:00. C. By 9:25.
3. What is the woman doing?
A. Taking a taxi. B. Doing shopping. C. Waiting for the man.
4. Where are the two speakers going to meet?
A. At home. B. In a shop. C. In a restaurant.
5. What is the woman looking for?
A. A pan. B. Carrots. C. Tomatoes.
6. What will the speakers probably have tonight?
A. French fries. B. Noodles. C. Fried chicken.
7. What will the project focus on?
A. A dog. B. A fish. C. A cat.
8. What can we know about John?
A. He has conducted the survey.
B. He is making cards now.
C. He will do the introduction.
9. Who can handle the summarizing?
A. Carol. B. Tom. C. Mary.
10. What can we know about the woman’s vacation?
A. She will stay on the beaches.
B. She will go camping in the jungle.
C. She will spend 3 weeks in South Africa.
11. Which does the woman need to bring?
A. A map. B. A tent. C. Some clothes.
12. Who will prepare the meals?
A. The man. B. The guide. C. The woman.
13. What are the two speakers doing?
A. Discussing a lecture. B. Visiting a museum. C. Attending a party.
14. Which job has Jane applied for?
A. Salesgirl. B. Waitress. C. Volunteer.
15. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student. B. Father and daughter. C. Classmates.
Section B (7.5 marks)
Directions: In this section, you will hear a short passage. Listen carefully and then fill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Fill in each blank with NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
You will hear the short passage TWICE.