1. What do the speakers need to buy?
A. A fridge.
B. A dinner table.
C. A few chairs.
2. Where are the speakers?
A. In a restaurant.
B. In a hotel.
C. In a school.
3. What does the woman mean?
A. Cathy will be at the party.
B. Cathy is too busy to come.
C. Cathy is going to be invited.
4. Why does the woman plan to go to town?
A. To pay her bills in the bank.
B. To buy books in a bookstore.
C. To get some money from the bank.
5. What is the woman trying to do?
A. Finish some writing.
B. Print an article.
C. Find a newspaper.
6. What is the man doing?
A. Changing seats on the plane.
B. Asking for a window seat.
C. Trying to find his seat.
7. What is the woman's seat number?
A. 6A. B. 7A. C. 8A.
8. Why doesn't the woman take the green T-shirt?
A. It's too small.
B. It's too dark.
C. It's too expensive.
9. What does the woman buy in the end?
A. A yellow T-shirt.
B. A blue T-shirt
C. A pink T-shirt.
10. How long has the man been in London?
A. One year.
B. A few years.
C. A couple of months.
11. Why did the woman leave her hometown?
A. To lead a city life.
B. To open a restaurant.
C. To find a job.
12. Where did the woman come from?
13. What is a daypack?
A. A box. B. A bag. C. A lock.
14. What surprises the girl at school?
A. A lot of discussions in class
B. Teachers giving little homework.
C. Few students asking questions in class.
15. At what time of the school term does the conversation most, probably take place?
A. At the end of it.
B, In the middle of it.
C. At the beginning of it.
16. What do we know about the girl?
A. She is new to the school,
B. She writes for the school newspaper.
C. She seldom asks questions in class.
17. What does Mr Henry Stone do?
A. A bank clerk. B. A teacher.
C. A writer.
18. What does Henry like doing at airports?
A. Watching people.
B. Telling stories.
C. Reading magazines.
19. What did Henry learn from the newspaper that day?
A. A valuable suitcase was missing.
B. A man stole money from a bank.
C. A woman ran away from home.
20. Why was the woman at the airport?
A. She was traveling on business.
B. She was seeing the man off.
C. She was leaving for Greece.