Jerry: Hi , Mike. Look like you’ve got some sun .
Mike: I guess so. I spent the weekend on the beach.
Jerry: Really? That sounds exciting. __6__ ( C )
Mike:At my friend’s house .He invited me to stay there for as long as I wanted .
Jerry: __7__ (G )
Mike: Oh, I have a paper to work on.
Jerry: _8__ I mean besides lying out in the sun. ( E )
Mike: I play some volleyball . I never realized how hard it is to run on sand.
Jerry: _9__ Did you go swimming? ( B )
Mike: I intended to . __10__So I just went fishing. ( F )
Jerry: All sounds so relaxing.
A. What a pity! B.It must be cool.
C.Where did you stay ? D. But how did you get there ?
E.So what else did you do out there ? F.But the water wasn’t warm enough
G..Then why not stay there for a longer time?
11.The old temple _______ roof was damaged in storm is now under repair. ( D )
A. where B. which C. its D. whose
12. The cost of renting a house in central Xi’an is higher than ____ in any other area of the city.
A.that B. this C. it D. one (A )
13. –What’s the noise ? It sounds as if it comes from upstairs.
--______ .It must be the window-cleaner working , next door. (D)
A.I’m not sure B. I hope not C.I’d rather not D. I don’t think so
14. You look well . The air and the sea foods in Sanya must _____ you , I suppose. (A )
A.agree with B.agree to C. agree on D. agree about
15.If we ___ the other road ,we might have arrived here in time for the meeting. (B)
A.take B.had taken C.took D. have taken
16._____ from the top of the tower ,the south foot of the mountain is a sea of trees . (A )
A.Seen B.Seeing C.Have seen D. To see
17.John opened the door . There _____ he had never seen before. (D)
A.a girl did stand B. a girl stood C.did a girl stand D. stood a girl
18.It never occurred to me _____ you could succeed in persuading him to change his mind. (D)
A.which B.what C.that D. if
19. His first book next month is based on a true story. (B)
A. published B. to be published C. to publish D. being published
20. John thinks it won’t be long he is ready for his new job. (C)
A. when B. after C. before D. since
21. I have to see the doctor because I a lot lately. (A)
A. have been coughing B. had coughed
C. coughed D. cough
22. Studies show that people are more to suffer from back problems if they always sit before computer screens for long hours. (A)
A. likely B. possible C. probable D. sure