第I卷 （选择题 共90分）
1. --I feel so nervous about the National English Speech Competition tomorrow.
A. I really envy you B. Glad to hear that C. Sounds great D. Take it easy
2. The traffic on the main streets has a longer green signal than _______ on the small ones.
A. one B. this C. that D. it
3. Hurry up, kids! The school bus _______ for us!
A. waits B. was waiting C. waited D. is waiting
4. Read this story, _______ you will realize that not everything can be bought with money.
A. or B. and C. but D. so
5. --Why are your eyes so red? You _______ have slept well last night.
A. can't B. mustn't C.needn't D. won't
6. _______ you said at the meeting describes a bright future for the company.
A. When B. How C. What D. That
7. He is so busy. He cannot afford enough time with his son _______ he wants to.
A. even if B. as if C. because D. before
8. _______ which university to attend, the girl asked her teacher for advice.
A. Not knowing B. Knowing not C. Not known D. Known not
9. Nowadays people are more concerned about the environment _______ they live.
A. what B. which C. when D. where
10. The airport _______ next year will help promote tourism in this area.
A. being completed B. to be completed C. completed D. having been completed
"Look, it's Baldy!" A boy shouted in my direction across the playground. Even though I was used to regular insults(侮辱) because of the 11 on my hed, it was 12 horrible to hear. I sighed as I headed back to the class.
When I was just 20 months old, I suffered serious 13 after a bowl full of hot oil fell on my head. I was 14 to hospital and had to say there for weeks while the doctors 15 to save my life. "Holly's very 16 to be alive," they told Mum and Dad. "But she'll be 17 with scars on her head, and of course her hair won't grow there."
As a child, I cared much about my scars, so I 18 wore a scarf to cover them up when I left home. 19 I didn't, people would call me horrible names like Baldy. Although my friends were always comforting me ,they never 20 understood how it felt.
Then through the hospital I was 21 to a children's burns camp, where children like me can get any help. There, I 22 14-year-old Stephanie, whose burns are a lot more serious than mine. But she is so 23 that she never lets anyone put her down. "You shouldn't 24 what people say about what you look like because we're not different from anyone else, Holly," she 25 me. "And you don't need to wear a scarf because y0ou look great 26 it!" For the first time in my life I could speak to someone who'd been through something 27 . So weeks later, at my 13th birthday party, 28 by her bravery, I gave up my scarf and showed off my scars. It felt amazing not having to 29 away behind my scarf.
Now, I am 30 of what I look like and much happier, because I have realized it is your personality（个性）that decides who you truly are.
11. A. hat B. scarf C. scars D. cuts
12. A. still B. just C. never D. seldom
13. A. hunger B. cold C. defeats D. burns
14. A. rushed B. led C. invited D. forced
15. A. learned B. fought C. returned D. decided
16. A. happy B. lucky C. lonely D. poor
17. A. pressed B. occupied C. left D. painted
18. A. possibly B. usually C. finally D. nearly
19. A. Although B. Since C. If D. Before
20. A. correctly B. roughly C. easily D. really
21. A. promoted B. introduced C. reported D. carried
22. A. met B. recognized C. remembered D. caught
23. A. honest B. strong C. active D. young
24. A. write down B. agree with C. pass on D. listen to
25. A. promised B. encouraged C. ordered D. calmed
26. A. in B. for C. without D. beyond
27. A. similar B. strange C. hard D. important
28. A. allowed B. required C. guided D. inspired
29. A. hide B. give C. keep D. put
30. A. sick B. aware C. tired D. proud