从A B C D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处地最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
1. -I’m sorry I didn’t make it to your party last night.
-- ______, I know you’re busy these days.
A. Of course B. No kidding C. That’s all night D. Don’t mention it
2. Experts think that ______recently discovered painting may be ______ Picsso.
A. the ;不填 B. a ;the C. a; 不填 D. the; a
3. Bats are surprisingly long lived creatures some ______a life span of around 20 years.
A. having B. had C. have D. to have
4. One Friday, we were packing to leave for a weekend away ______my daughter heard cries for help.
A. after B. while C. since D. when
5. I always wanted to do the job which I’d been trained ______.
A. on B. for C. by D. of
6. The school isn’t the one I really wanted to go to, but I suppose I’ll just have to ______it,
A. make the best of B. get away from C. keep an eye on D. catch up with
7. Since people are fond of humor, it is as well in conversation as _______ else.
A. anything B. something C. anywhere D. somewhere
8. English is a language shared by several diverse cultures, each of ______ uses it somewhat differently.
A. which B. what C. them D. those
9. The professor could tell by the _____ look in Maria’s eyes that she didn’t understand a single word of his lecture.
A. cold B. blank C. innocent D. fresh
10. A bank is the place ______ they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.
A. when B. that C. where D. there
11. --- How’s your new babysitter?
--- We ______ ask for a better one. All our kids love her so much.
A. should B. might C. mustn’t D. couldn’t
12. He decided that he would drive all the way home instead of ______ at a hotel for the night.
A. putting down B. putting off C. putting on D. putting up
13. I’ve been writing this report ______ for the last two weeks, but it has to be handed in tomorrow.
A. finally B. immediately C. occasionally D. certainly
14. Even the best writers sometimes find themselves ______ for words.
A. lose B. lost C. to lose D. having lost
15. The manager was worried about the press conference his assistant ______ in his place but, luckily, everything was going on smoothly.
A. gave B. gives C. was giving D. had given
16. My schedule is very ______ right now, but I’ll try to fit you in.
A. tight B. short C. regular D. flexible
17. --- Can I come and have a look at your new house?
--- Yes, ______!
A. with pleasure B. I like it C. I quite agree D. by all means
18. Anyway, I can’t cheat him --- it’s against all my ______.
A. emotions B. principles C. regulations D. opinions
19. If they win the final tonight, the team are going to tour around the city ______ by their enthusiastic supporters.
A. being cheered B. be cheered C. to be cheered D. were cheered
20. – I don’t think I’ll be able to go mountain-climbing tomorrow.
A. And how B. How come C. How’s it going D. How about it