Part I Listening Comprehension (30 marks)
Section A (22.5 marks)
Directions: In this section, you will hear six conversations between two speakers. Foreach conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by threechoices marked A, B and C. Listen carefully and then choose the best answer for eachquestion.
You will hear each conversation TWICE.
When will the magazine probably arrive?
A. Wednesday. B. Thursday. C. Friday. The answer is B.
1. Why do they want to buy a gift for their mother?
A. It's her birthday. B. It's Mother's Day. C. It's Women's Day.
2. What are they going to buy?
A. Some flowers. B. A box of chocolates. C. A book.
3, What does the woman ask the man to do?
A. Go to a bank. B. Mail letters. C. Buy some magazines.
4. What time will the man probably be back?
A. 9:00. B. 9:30. C. 10:00.
5. What is the woman going to do tonight?
A. Go to a concert. B. Phone her doctor. C. Prepare for an exam.
6. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student. B. Classmates. C. Doctor and patient.
7. Where does the man want to go?
A. The history museum. B. The Central Park. C, The high school.
8. How far away is the place?
A. Two blocks. B. Three blocks. C. Five blocks.
9. When is the place open?
A. From Monday to Friday. B. Through the whole week. C. On Saturday and Sunday.
10. Why is Mr. Jackson out of the office?
A. He has been injured.
B. He has gone to London.
C. He is looking after his wife.