It has been argued by some that gifted children should be grouped in special classes, The 1 has been on the belief that in regular classes these children are held back in their intellectual (智力的) growth by 2 situation that has designed for the 3 children.
There can be little doubt that 4 classes can help the gifted children to graduate earlier and take their place in life sooner. However, to take these 5 out of the regular classes may create serious problems.
I observed a number of 6 children who were taken out of a special class and placed in a 7 class. In the special class, they showed little ability to use their own judgment, relying 8 on their teachers’ directions. In the regular class, having no worry about keeping up, they began to reflect 9 on many problems, some of which were not on the school program.
Many are concerned that gifted children become 10 and lose interest in learning.
However this 11 is more often from parents and teachers than from students, and some of these 12 simply conclude that special classes should be set up for those who are 13 . Some top students do feel bored in class, but why they 14 so goes far beyond the work they have in school. Studies have shown that to be bored is to be anxious.
The gifted child whop is bored is an 15 child.
1. A. principle B. theory C. arguments D. classification
2. A. designing B. grouping C. learning D. living
3. A. smart B. curious C. mature D. average
4. A. regular B. special C. small D. creative
5. A. children B. programs C. graduates D. designs
6. A. intelligent B. competent C. ordinary D. independent
7. A. separate B. regular C. new D. boring
8. A. specially B. slightly C. wrongly D. heavily
9. A, directly B. cleverly C. voluntarily D. quickly
10. A. doubted B. bored C. worried D. tired
11. A. concern B. conclusion C. reflection D. interest
12. A. students B. adults C. scholars D. teachers
13. A. talented B. worried C. learned D. interested
14. A. believe B. think C. say D. feel
15. A. outstanding B. intelligent C. anxious D. ordinary