英 语 笔 试
例：Stand over there you’ll be able to see it better.
A. or B. and C. but D. while
1. He telephoned the travel agency to three air tickets to London.
A. order B. arrange C. take D. book
2.—Excuse me, I wonder if you can help me?
A. What help B. What is this C. What is it D. What do you want
3. James took the magazines off the little table to make for the television.
A. room B. area C. field D. position
4. We on this project for four hours. Let’s have a rest.
A. are working B. have been working C. worked D. had worked
5. People have always been about exactly how life on earth began.
A. curious B. excited C. anxious D. careful
6. in my life impressed me so deeply as my first visit to the Palace Museum.
A. Anything B. Nothing C. Everything D. Something
7. Professor Johnson, I’m afraid I can’t finish the report within this week.
How about next week?
A. Good for you B. It won’t bother me C. Not at all D. That’s OK
8. Can you believe I had to pay 30 dollars for a haircut?
You should try the barber’s I go. It’s only 15.
A. as B. which C. where D. that
9. Mark have hurried. After driving at top speed .he arrived half an hour early.
A. needn’t B. wouldn’t C. mustn’t D. couldn’t
10. Traditional folk arts of Tianjin like paper cutting at the culture show of the 2010 Shanghai World Expo.
A. are exhibiting B. is exhibiting
C. are being exhibited D. is being exhibited
11. Joining the firm as a clerk, he got rapid promotion , and as a manager.
A. ended up B. dropped out C. came back D. started off
12. It rained heavily in the south. serious flooding in several provinces.
A. caused B. having caused C. causing D. to cause
13. My father warned me going to the West Coast because it was crowded with tourists.
A. by B. on C. for D. against
14. As a new graduate, he doesn’t know it takes to start a business here.
A. how B. what C. When D. which
15. John went to the hospital alone.
If he me about it, I would have gone with him.
A. should tell B. tells C. told D. had told
Robert Moody, 52, is an experienced police officer. Much of his work involves dealing with 16 an gang (团伙)problems in the schools of his community. Knowing that many kids often 17 trouble, he decided to do something about it. So in 1991 he began to invite small groups of kids to go fishing with him on his day 18 .
Those fun trips had a(n) 19 impact. A chance encounter in 2000 proved that. One day, 20 working security at a school basketball game, Moody noticed two young guys 21 .He sensed trouble between them. 22 one of them headed toward Moody and gave him a hug.”I 23 you. You took me 24 when I was in fifth grade. That was one of the 25 days of my life .”
Deeply touched by the boy’s word, Moody decided to create a foundation（基金会）that 26 teenagers to the basics of fishing in camping programs. “As a policeman, I saw 27 there was violence, drugs were always behind it. They have a damaging 28 on the kids,” says Moody.
By turning kids on to fishing, he 29 to present an alternative way of life, “When you’re sitting there waiting for a 30 ,”he says, “you can’t help but talk to each other, and such 31 can be pretty deep.”
“Talking about drugs helped prepare me for the peer（同龄人）pressures in high school,” says Michelle, 17 who 32 the first program. “And I was able to help my little brother 33 drugs.”
Moody faces 34 in three years, when he hopes to run the foundation full-time.”I’m living a happy life and I have a responsibility to my 35 to give back,” Moody says.”If I teach a kid to fish today, he can teach his brother to fish tomorrow.”
16. A. drinking B．drug C．security D．smoking
17. A. ran into B．got over C．left behind D．looked into
18. A．ahead B．away C．off D．out
19. A．immediate B．damaging C．limited D．lasting
20. A．once B．while C．since D．until
21. A．quarreling B．complaining C．talking D．cheering
22. A．Slowly B．Suddenly C．Finally D．Secretly
23. A．understand B．hear C. see D．remember
24. A．fishing B．sailing C．boating D. swimming．
25. A．quietest B．longest C．best D．busiest
26. A．connects B．introduces C．reduces D．commits
27. A．where B．unless C．as D．whether
28. A．impression B．burden C．decision D．impact
29. A．asked B．intended C．pretended D．agreed
30. A．solution B．change C．bite D．surprise
31. A．concerns B．interests C．conversations D．emotions
32. A. participated in B. worked out C. approved of D. made up
33. A. misuse B. avoid C. tolerate D. test
34. A. unemployment B. challenge C. competition D. retirement
35. A. team B. school C. family D. community