1. -- How about camping this weekend, just for a change?
-- OK, __ you want.
A. whichever B. however C. whatever D. whoever
2. Many lifestyle patterns do such __ great harm to health that they actually speed up __weakening of the
A. a; / B. /; the C. a; the D. /; /
3. The settlement is home to nearly 1,000 people, many of __ left their village homes for a better life in the city.
A. whom B. which C. them D. those
4. The majority of people in the town strongly __ the plan to build a playground for children.
A. consider B. support C. confirm D. submit
5. ff you plant watermelon seeds in the spring, you __ fresh watermelon in the fall.
A. eat B. would eat C. have eaten D. will be eating
6. I have been convinced that the print media are usually more __ and more reliable than television.
A. accurate B. ridiculous C. urgent D. shallow[来源:学&科&网Z&X&X&K]
7. I guess we've already talked about this before but I'll ask you again just __ .
A. by nature B. in return C. in case D. by chance
8. The experiment shows that proper amounts of exercise, if __ regularly, can improve our health.
A. being carried out B. carrying out C. carried out D. to carry out
9. It is uncertain __ side effect the medicine will bring about, although about two thousand pat ients have taken it.
A. that B. what C. how D. whether
10. Had I known about this computer program, a huge amount of time and energy __ .
A. would have been saved B. had been saved
C. will be saved D. was saved
11. Do you think shopping online will __ take the place of shopping in stores?
A. especially B. frequently C. merely D. finally
12. After that, he knew he could __ any emergency by doing what he could to the best of his ability.
A. get away with B. get on with C. get through D. get across
13. -- Would she mind playing against her former teammates?
-- __ She is willing to play against any tough players.
A. I think so. B. I'm not surprised. C. Of course. D. Not likely!
14. __ that's important is that you are doing your best and moving in the right direction.
A. One B. All C. Everything D. Anything
15. For many years, people __ electric ears. However, making them has been more difficult than predicted.[来源:Z_xx_k.Com]
A. had dreamed of B. have dreamed of C. dreamed of D. dream of
16. The school advisers help you talk through your problems but they don't give you any direct __ .
A. solution B. target C. measure D. function
17. "You __ have a wrong number," she said. "There's no one of that name here. "
A. need B. can C. must D. would
18. -- According to my grandma, it is a good idea to eat chicken soup when you have a cold.
-- __ , scientists agree with her.
A. Sooner or later B. Once in a while C. To be exact D. Believe it or not
19. Playing on a frozen sports field sounds like a lot of fun. Isn't it rather risky, __9
A. though B. also C. either D. too
20. The traffic rule says young children under the age of four and __ less than 40 pounds must be in a child
A. being weighed B. to weigh C. weighed D. weighing
I will never forget the year I was about twelve years old. My mother told us that we would not be 21 Christmas gifts because there was not enough money. I felt sad and thought, "What would I say when the other kids asked what I'd 22 ?" Just when I started to 23 that there would not be a Christmas that year, three women 24 at our house with gifts for all of us. For me they brought a doll. I felt such a sense of 25 that I would no longer have to be embarrassed when I returned to school. I wasn't 26 . Somebody had thought 27 of me to bring me a gift.
Years later, when I stood in the kitchen of my new house, thinking how I wanted to make my 28 Christmas there special and memorable, I 29 remembered the women's visit. I decided that I wanted to create that same feeling of 30 for as many children as I could possibly reach.
So I 31 a plan and gathered forty people from my company to help. We gathered about 125 orphans (孤儿) at the Christmas party. For every child, we wrapped colorful packages filled with toys, clothes, and school supplies, 32 with a child's name. We wanted all of them to know they were. 33 . Before I called out their names and handed them their gifts, I 34 them that they couldn't open their presents 35 every child had come forward. Finally the 36 they had been waiting for came as I called out, "One, two, three. Open your presents!" As the children opened their packages, their faces beamed and their bright smiles 37 up the room. The 38 in the room was obvious, and 39 wasn't just about toys. It was a feeling — the feeling I knew 40 that Christmas so long ago when the women came to visit. I wasn't forgotten. Somebody thought of me. I matter.
21. A. sending B. receiving C. making D. exchanging
22. A. found B. prepared C. got D. expected
23. A. doubt B. hope C. suggest D. accept
24. A. broke in B. settled down C. turned up D. showed off
25. A. relief B. loss C. achievement D. justice
26. A. blamed B. loved C. forgotten D. affected
27. A. highly B. little C. poorly D. enough
28. A. present B. first C.. recent D. previous
29. A. hardly B. instantly C. regularly D. occasionally
30. A. strength B. independence C. importance D. safety
31. A. kept up with B. caught up with C. came up with D. put up with
32. A. none B. few C. some D. each
33. A. fine B. special C. helpful D. normal
34. A. reminded B. guaranteed C. convinced D. promised
35. A. after B. until C. when D. since
36. A. chance B. gift C. moment D. reward
37. A. lit B. took C. burned D. cheered
38. A. atmosphere B. sympathy C. calmness D. joy
39. A. it B. such C. something D. everybody
40. A. by B. till C. for D. from