I. Listening Comprehension
Directions: In Section A;you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversatio n and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. At a train station. B. At an airport.
C. At a travel agency. D. At a bus station.
2. A. $5. B. $10.
C. $15. D. $50.
3. A. Receptionist and guest. B. Salesperson and customer.
C. Doctor and patient. D. Waiter and diner.
4. A. Excited. B. Dissatisfied.
C. Bo red. D. Exhausted.
5. A. Her hair has changed. B. She isn’t satisfied with her hair style.
C. She prefers to wear long hair. D. The man has changed his hair style.
6. A. It is too early to watch the Talent Show. B. He will go to bed in five minutes.
C. He would rather watch TV than go to bed. D. He is old enough to stay up.
7. A. She has got everything ready. B. She never hesitates over what to take.
C. She hates packing by herself. D. She needs more time for packing.
8. A. They should wait for John for a while. B. They should stay here for the night.
C. They should start the meeting right away. D. They should call John at once.
9. A. She is unwilling to move into a new flat. B. Her neighbors get along well with her.
C. She can’t tell the man why she is moving. D. Her neighbors usually play their TV loud.
10. A. Ask for directions. B. Try a different route.
C. Go back for the map. D. Cancel their trip.