2. Ss read the passage quickly and answer the question
Step 3 Note making
1. Ss read the passage again and take notes ( P3 No. 1 Note making )
2. Checking answers
Step 4 Comprehension Questions
1. WB Exe. 1
1) Who was Walt Disney?
2) When and where was he born?
3) Why did he go to a newspaper office with some of his pictures?
4) What did his friends say to him after he was refused by the newspaper officer?
5) Why did he use to sit in the garage and draw pictures in the garage?
6) What happened one day when he was drawing pictures in the garage?
7) Where did he move some years later?
8) Did he try to find a job at the new place? What was the result?
9) What did he begin to draw after he failed to find a job again?
10) What else did he draw after his first cartoon character was well received?
2. Ss work in pairs, trying to answer the question and retell the story
take along; in the hope of; have no luck; be well-known as; lose heart; be pleased with;
Step 5 Practice
1. Role-play A Press Conference
A plays as a newspaper reporter. B plays Walt Disney.
A is asking the following questions
1) May I ask you when and where you were born, Mr. Disney?
2) Could you tell me what kind of family you were born in? What was your father’s job? What about your mother?
3) What were you most interested in when you were young?
4) Did you think you would be a famous artist as a young man?
5) When did you become well-known as a cartoon-maker?
6) What’s your plan for the future?
Thank you very much. Mr. Disney.
( Ss work in pairs, trying to remember more about Walt Disney )
Step 6 Discussion
1. Topics for discussion
1) How do you think of Walt Disney?
2) What do you think we should learn fro m him?
3) How would you full-fill your own wish?
2. Collect different idea from the students
1. Oral Retelling
2. Preview the new words
1) Reading Comprehension
2) Being able to introduce a place using correct words
Main Points: 1. Reading Comprehension
1.Questions and answers 2. Discussions 3. Role-plays
1. Computer 2. Tape-recorder 3. OHP
Unit 1 Lesson 3 DISNEYLAND
The history of Disneyland
1955: The first Disney park was opened in Los Angeles.
1971: Disney World was opened in Florida.
1983: Tokyo Disney was opened.
1992: Euro Disney was opened in France.
Rules the workers must follow:
wear clean shoes and clean trousers; not allowed to have beards; the long hair must be tied back; always smile; always friendly and polite to visitors
The Sleeping Beauty Castle:
a favorite place for visitors; one get a wonderful view from the top of the tower; one can see as far as the coast
The Tomorrow Land Building:
very interesting; one can go inside a spaceship and drive one too; in the Future house, everything is worked by the computer…
Step 1 Revision
1. Check homework: oral retelling or role-play
Step 2 Presentation
1. T: “ Today we are going to read about the Disney parks which Walt Disney started. There ate different Disney parks all over the world. What are they? Listen to the tape and take notes.
2. Play the tape for Ss to find out the answer
Step 3 Note making
1. Ss read the passage and finish Part 2 note making
2. Ss work in pairs and retell the text / Role-plays (tour guide and travelers)
Step 4 Practice
1. T: “ A friend of mine went to Disneyland last year. She thought it was a wonderful place. She noticed that many people were taking photos there.. She found that many Chinese were doing part-time jobs there. ”
1) I found out (that) the film studios were not in the same park.
2) I considered ( that ) the park was good value for the money.
3) I believed ( that ) Walt Disney made the first cartoons.
4) I noticed ( that ) all the workers in the park were cleanly dressed and very polite.
5) I knew ( that ) our organizer had been to Disneyland before.
6) I hoped ( that ) we were going to spend a whole week near Disneyland.
7) I was sure ( that ) we would not be able to see everything in the park.
8) I found ( that ) the bus would be the easiest way to get to the park.
Step 5 Language Study
1. T: “ Now, can you tell me what you can find at Disneyland?’
“ May I ask you when you want to go to visit Disneyland?” ( statement form) Word order: Interrogative Pronoun/Adverb+S.+ Predicate
2. Practice ( part 5 )
1) Do you know how many travelers have been to Disneyland so far?
2) Who knows how long it takes to look round the park?
3) Tell me how much it costs to visit Disneyland.
4) Tell me what characters can be found in Disney parks.
5) Every one knows who produced cartoon characters such as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.
6) Can you tell us whose company operates Tokyo Disneyland?
7) She knows when Euro Disney was opened.
8) We all know where Euro Disney is.
9) I don’t know how Euro Disney is getting on.
10) Can you tell me which Disney park is the most welcome?
Assignment: 1. WB Ex. 3 ( written work ) 2. WB. Ex. 1 (book)
Teaching Aims: 1. Improve Ss’ writing ability
Teaching Aids: 1. OHP
Unit 1 Lesson 4 Writing
1. facts about the place Part 1: A brief introduction of the place
2. what we did 1) Where/when/with whom
3. what it was like 2) general appearance of the place
3)the importance of it
Part 2: the travel experience there
Step 1 Revision
1. Oral work : talking about Disneyland
Questions: 1) When was the park open?
2) Where was the park?
3) How much did it cost to finish building the park?
4) What does the park look like?
5) How many parts is the park made up of? What are they?
6) Do many people go there?
7) How do they think of the park?
Step 2 Writing 1
1. Ss fill in the blanks with their partners
Step 3 Presentation
1. T raise questions
1) Are there any places of interest you’ve ever been to?
Which one is your favorite?
When did you go there? With whom?
2) Where is the park?
3) Were there many people in the park?
4) What did you do there?
5) What did you think of the park?
2. T present a ready work
Step 4 Writing 1
1. Ss write in small groups
2. Check their work
3. Ss point out the mistakes in their work and try to correct them by themselves
Step 5 Workbook
1. Do EX.2
2. Ex. 1
3. Ex. 3