介词后所接从句为宾语从句，whether ,if 不能引导宾语从句。
I am interested in how we use computers.
This depends on whether we have enough people.
You may think it strange that he would live there.
7．否定的转移。在think, believe, suppose 等动词引导的宾语从句中， 谓语尽管是否定意义，却不用否定形式，而将think等动词变为否定形式。
I don’t think what you have said is right.
I don’t believe they’ve finished their homework yet.
8．在hope, believe, guess, think, expect, say以及be afraid等词语后，可用“so”代替一个宾语从句（指上文提及之事）。
--“We’ll have good weather tomorrow.”
--“I hope so.”
I hope/believe not. I’m afraid not.
1．The boss didn’t know ____ would happen to him next after the serious accident.
A. what B. that C. why D. How
2. Do you know ________?
A. how old Mrs Black is B. when did Mrs Black come back last night
C. where will Mrs Black be tonight D. What does Mrs Black like best
3. Our professor thought _____ important that we should read widely.
A. if B. what C. it D. That
4. It was my brother’s birthday I asked him to choose _____ he wanted as gift.
A. whomever B. whatever C. whenever D. Wherever
5. The final success belongs to ______ works hard.
A. whomever B. whoever C. anyone D. That
6. Mr Smith took interest in ______ he had seen in the history museum.
A. all what B. all which C. what D. That
7. The officer ordered that all the guns ____ into the secret place.
A. should take B. be taken C. had been taken D. Took
8. The headmaster suggested that we _____the meeting will till the next Tuesday.
A. should put off B. be put off C. will put off D. would put off
9. Tom wishes he ____ be successful next time.
A. is to B. shall C. will D. would
10. The engineer wished she ____ in designing the new kind of machine last month.
A. had been succeed B. would succeed
C. had succeeded D. succeeded
11. The teacher told her pupils that light ____ faster than sound.
A. travels B. had travelled C. will travel D. travelled
12. The sports depends on _____ it is fine tomorrow.
A. whether B. if C. that D. what
13. They didn’t know ____ or not their parents would come to the class meeting.
A. if B. that C. whether D. which
14. The boss came out to see _____
A. what the matter was B. what was the matter
C. when was the matter D. how was the matter
15.I wonder ______ or not you will help me.
A. if B. whether C. why D. that
Keys AACBB CBDCA AACBB
Teaching Aims: 1. Teach new words and expressions
2. Daily English ? Asking the way
1) Excuse me. Can you tell me the way to…
2) Excuse me. How can I get to …
3) Where is …?
4) Where is the nearest …?
Daily English Showing the way
1) Go straight ahead till you see …
2) Go through the gate and you’ll find …
3) Just take this street round to the right of …
4) Go down this street till you get to… Then you’ll see the sign for the …
5) It’s about four hundred yards down this street.
6) It’s about…yards from here.
1) Learning how to ask the way and show the way
Main Points: 1. Learning to use the above functional sentences correctly and freely
1. Questions and answers 2. Listening and Role-plays
Teaching aids: 1. OHP 2. Tape-recorder 3. Blackboard
Unit 1 Disneyland Lesson 1 Dialogue
Asking the way Showing the way
1) Excuse me. Can you tell me the way to…1)Go straight ahead till you see …
2) Excuse me. How can I get to … 2)Go through the gate and you’ll find …
3) Where is …? 3)Just take this street round to the right of …
4) Where is the nearest …? 4)Go down this street till you get to Then youll see …
5)It’s about four hundred yards down this street.
6)It’s about…yards from here.
7) It’s just at the end of the street. You can’t miss it.
8) I’m sorry I don’t know. I’m a stranger here myself.
Step 1 Revision
1. Warming-up exercises
Ss talk about their activities during the summer vacation
2. Talking about films and TV-plays with Ss
1) Do you like going to the cinemas or watching TV-plays at home?
2) What kind of films do you enjoy?
3) Do you like watching cartoons?
4) Who is your favorite cartoon character?