1. What does the woman suggest?
A. They don’t have to go to the concert.
B. His brother will let them use the car.
C. The bus is fine for them.
2. What do we know about the match?
A. It can’t be much fun. B. It must be exciting. C. It may be put off.
3. What is wrong with the printer?
A. It doesn’t flash. B. There isn’t ink. C. It’s broken.
4. What is the woman interested in?
A. Sports. B. Fashion. C. Politics.
5. What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
A. New dictionaries. B. Language forms. C. The development of languages.
6. What’s wrong with the man?
A. He is very tired and sleepy. B. He is worried about his text.
C. He is ill because of hard work.
7. What did the man do last night?
A. He studied in the library. B. He went to a party. C. He prepared for a big text.
8. How did the two speakers get to their destination?
A. By bike. B. By car. C. By taxi.
9. What are the two speakers going to watch?
A. A film. B. A game. C. A car race.
10. Why did the two speakers arrive early?
A. To find Peter. B. To meet the players. C. To get a good place.
11. Who is Jimmy?
A. A policeman. B. A passer-by. C. Another truck driver.
12. What time was it when the accident happened?
A. At 2:45. B. At 2:54. C. At 4:25.
13. Who or what was to blame for the accident?
A. The truck driver. B. The driver of the blue Ford. C. The traffic lights.
14. Where do the two speakers work?
A. In a plant in Chicago. B. In a large company. C. In an office in Atlanta.
15. Who has risen to a higher position?
A. Jim. B. Martha. C. Both Jim and Martha.
16. Why does the woman want to remain in the company office?
A. She is fond of writing notices.
B. She is still new in her position.
C. She hopes to keep in close touch with her superiors.
17. Whom is the speaker speaking to?
A. Students. B. Teachers. C. Reporters.
18. How often does The Voice come out each week?
A. Every other day. B. Every day. C. On weekdays.
19. What’s the best reason for taking the job according to the speaker?
A. To learn to type. B. To enjoy oneself. C. To make some money.
20. When are volunteers expected to start working?
A. Tomorrow. B. Immediately. C. Next week.