第一节（共 5小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分）
1. Why did the man apologize?
A. He had lost the dictionary.
B. He had forgotten to bring the dictionary.
C. He had forgotten to tell Mr. Smith to bring the
2. How many science courses did the woman take in
A. One. B. Two. C. More than two.
3. Why didn't the boy lend his pen to the girl?
A. Because he had no extra pen.
B. Because he had no ink in his pen, either.
C. Because he had only pencils.
4. Where is the conversation probably taking place?
A. In a bank B. In a bakery C. In a post office
5. What does the man think of the English language
education in China?
A. Bad. B. Good. C. Just-so-so.
听第 6 段材料，回答第 6-8 题。
6. How long will it take the man to get to the
A. Exactly 18 minutes.
B. More than 20 minutes.
C. Not more than 20 minutes.
7. What do we know from the conversation?
A. The woman must have been to the place several
B. The woman must have looked up at the tall
C. The woman didn't want to give a tip.
8. How much will the woman pay the man most
probably, not including a tip?
A. Less than 18 dollars.
B. 20 dollars.
C. More than 20 dollars.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 9-11 题。
9. For which day does the man book a room finally?
A. March 21st. B. March 20th. C. March 22nd.
10. What kind of room does the man prefer?
A. A non-smoking room.
B. A smoking room.
C. Either one is okay.
11. Including tax, how much is the man’s room?
A. 80 dollars. B. 88 dollars. C. 90 dollars.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 12-14 题。
12. According to the conversation, which sport does
Miss Taylor like best?
A. Tennis. B. Football. C. Basketball.
13. Why is much attention paid to sports in English
schools and universities?
A. Sports can make students cleverer.
B. The society now is very dangerous.
C. Sports can make students better face life in
the competitive society.
14. What can we know from the conversation?
A. It's a good idea to talk about sports with an
B. Miss Taylor comes from Britain.
C. English people don’t like talking with
听第 9 段材料，回答第 15-17 题。
15. When did the man park the car?
A. At 9: 30 a.m..
B. After 9 a.m..
C. Before 7 a. m..
16. Why was the man’s car taken away?
A. He broke a certain traffic rule.
B. He stopped his car in the middle of the street.
C. He didn't lock his car.
17. What day was that day?
A. Friday. B. Weekend. C. We don’t know.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 18-20 题。
18. Which word can be used to describe the speaker's
feelings when he came into Mr. Abel's office?
A. Sad. B. Angry. C. Nervous.
19. How many people left the company?
A. 20. B. 50. C. 70.
20. What was the probable relationship between the
speaker and Mr. Abel?
A. Lawyer and client.
B. Teacher and student.
C. Boss and employee.