第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分）
1. What does the man wish to know most?
A. When the meeting is to be held.
B. Where the meeting is to be held.
C. What's to be discussed at the meeting.
2. What does the woman say about the dictionary?
A. Both editions are the same price now.
B. It has two editions with the same cover.
C. The paperback edition is on sale.
3. What does the woman mean?
A. Jane is looking for a summer job.
B. Jane is on her way home.
C. Jane is eager to go home for the vacation.
4. What's the relationship between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student.
B. Doctor and patient.
C. Policeman and traffic law breaker.
5. How long does it take the man to drive from his
house to the university during rush hour?
A. 25 minutes. B. 40 minutes. C. 50 minutes.
听第 6 段材料，回答第 6-8 题。
6. How and when is Lucy leaving for Beijing?
A. By air this evening.
B. By train this evening.
C. By air tomorrow.
7. What is she going there for?
A. To spend her holiday.
B. To see her parents.
C. To meet her friends.
8. How long does it take her to Beijing?
A. Four hours. B. Fourteen hours. C. Four days.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 9-11 题。
9. Where are the two speakers?
A. In a restaurant.
B. At a pub.
C. At John's home.
10. Why did she have to leave at that time?
A. She didn't like to stay any longer with John.
B. She was afraid of walking alone at night.
C. She didn't want to make her mother worried.
11. How did Kate probably get back home?
A. She took the last bus back home.
B. John drove her back home.
C. She drove John's car back home.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 12-14 题。
12. What happened to Bob?
A. He was badly ill.
B. He had his legs broken.
C. He was hit by a car.
13. When was Bob sent into hospital?
A. Three weeks ago.
B. More than three weeks ago.
C. Five weeks ago.
14. What did Bob do while he was in hospital?
A. He read about motorcycle racing.
B. He decided to give up motorcycle racing.
C. He tried to become much fatter.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 15-17 题。
15. Who is that woman?
A. Jenny Brown, the actress.
B. Kate Brown, the actress.
C. Joan Brown, the actress.
16. How old can the actress be?
A. She is not more than 40.
B. She is no more than 29.
C. She is at least 40.
17. What does Betty’s answer mean?
A. She is still very young.
B. She is older than the actress.
C. She wants to be an actress too.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 18-20 题。
18. Why did the woman go to the shoemaker?
A. Because she wanted to sell her shoes.
B. Because she wanted to have her shoes repaired.
C. Because she wanted to see him.
19. How long hadn’t the woman worn the pair of
A. A month.
B. Less than six months.
C. More than half a year.
20. Why did the woman get angry?
A. Because the shoemaker gave her two left
B. Because the shoemaker asked her for a lot of
C. Because the shoemaker forgot to repair her