I. Listening Comprehension
II. Grammar and Vocabulary
25. More emphasis should be placed, as you have suggested, ______ the development of the products for the children between 3years old to 10 years old.
A. with B. on C. For D. about
26. –Which of those electronic dictionaries do you like most?
--______. They are both expensive and of little use.
A. Both B. Neither C. None D. No one
27. –Oh, no, look at this red paint on my dress. Why did the park paint the chairs?
--Oh, that’s too bad. They ______ put a sign there.
A. could B. should have C. may D. must have
28. Animals in the wild have to devote most of their time and energy ______ enough food to survive.
A. to obtain B. to obtaining C. obtaining D. obtained
29. I’m examining the article he has just finished ______ the possible mistakes in it.
A. correct B. to correct C. corrected D. being corrected
30. Apple fans are wondering how long it will be ______ iPhone 6 hits mainland China.
A. when B. until C. that D. before
31. This kind of face cream promises ______ it uses natural ingredients ______ it will make your skin smoother and brighter.
A. that; and that B. that; that C. /; / D. /; that
32. Despite the rule ______ mobile phones are forbidden in class my deskmate can’t help playing phone games occasionally.
A. which B. what C. that D. where
33. The light in Emma’s room is still on. I guess she must be preparing for the exam, ______?
A. mustn’t she B. don’t I C. isn’t she D. mustn’t I
34. Water-filtration technology has advanced to the point ______ wastewater can be made safe for drinking, according to a new report.
A. whether B. that C. where D. how
35. Up till now, the residents who had close contact with the three sick people ______ under medical observation.
A. put B. have put C. had been put D. have been put
36. The return of toys ______ a generation ago, say experts, is largely a generational effect.
A. introducing B. was introduced C. being introduced D. introduced
37. Regular morning exercise makes your mind clear, thus ______ you to stay healthy and optimistic for the whole day.
A. allowed B. allows C. has allowed D. allowing
38. The police are looking into the accident, hoping to find out ______ that caused it.
A. what it was B. what was it C. how it was D. how was it
39. “You are very selfish. It’s high time you ______ that you are not the most important person in the world,” Edgar said angrily to his boss.
A. realized B. have realized C. had realized D. are to realize