1. Have you ever met a man who is always the centre of attention _____ he goes?
A. wheneverB. howeverC. whereverD. where
2. He is a deep thinker _____ opinions are worth much.
A. whoB. whoseC. thatD. which
3. - You’ve left the light on.
- Oh, so I have. _____ and turn it off.
A. I go B. I’ve gone C. I’ll go D. I’m going
4. - Lucy is not coming tonight.
- But she _____!
A. promised B. will promise C. had promised D. promises
5. I’ve put a cross on the map to show _____ that famous hotel is.
A. whereB. whereverC. whatD. whatever
6. Dr. Black comes from either Oxford or Cambridge. I can’t remember _____.
A. whoB. thereC. whichD. what
7. I’ll raise both hands _____ banning smoking inside the school yard.
A. in favour of B. in memory of C. in honour of D. in search of
8. The younger singer is beginning _____ into notice through The Voice of China.
A. comeB. to comeC. comingD. came
9. Though badly _____, the girl remained outwardly calm.
A. frightenB. frightenedC. frighteningD. fright
10. In _____ 1870’s Marx found it important to study _____ situation in Russia.
A. a; theB. an; aC. / ; / D. the; the
11. - Hello, may I have an appointment with the doctor?
A. Sorry, he is busy at the moment.B. Why didn’t you call earlier?
C. Certainly, may I have your name?D. Sorry, he doesn’t want to see you.
12. - Are you almost ready to go, mom? I’ll go and pull the car out of the garage.
- OK- just _____. I’ll have a last look at the windows.
A. waitB. a minuteC. calm downD. no way
13. When and where this took place _____ still unknown.
A. isB. hasC. wereD. are
14. My partner wants to keep the company small _____ I’d like to expand it.
A. andB. orC. howeverD. while
15. The weight of the moon is only about _____ of that of the earth.
A. one eighty B. one of eighty C. one the eightieth D. one eightieth